Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre Extra Offer

FIXED
Mike6
Dabbler

Upgrade to Fibre Extra Offer

When I log in to my account I get this offer:

"Switch to Unlimited Fibre Extra for £20.99 per month."

When I click on "Upgrade Now" the only option is to stay with my current package "Plusnet Unlimited Fibre". What is the "Extra"? Have I got it already? 

Thanks,

Michael

7 REPLIES 7
Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Upgrade to Fibre Extra Offer

Extra means faster speed, you should check to see if you can get faster speed, then you already have. otherwise it's not worth upgrading.

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

All the best

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Mike6 as @Menace65 says, Extra provides download speeds up to 80Mb and Upload up to 20Mb whereas your current product is limited to 40Mb down and 10Mb up. However, the PN system will not offer you the upgrade to Extra if your download estimate is not >40Mb. Put your phone number in here https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker , if the 'Low' estimate for the VDSL range A (clean) is not above 40Mb then the system will not offer you the upgrade.

From the estimated speeds you can determine whether the upgrade (if available) would be beneficial to you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mike6
Dabbler

Thanks @MisterW and @Menace65. I followed the link and it says the following. I understand this to mean I'm already getting the 'extra' speed. Perhaps I already have the 'extra' package!

Observed Speeds

VDSL

Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps) 51.17          
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps) 13.94          
Observed Date 2018-07-21
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Mike6 no, those max observed speeds are not correct. Mine say 62.67 & 17.23 and I'm only on the 40/10 Fibre product!. Goodness knows where those observed speeds come from?

It's the 'Low' figure in the first line VDSL Range A that is significant , together with the Downstream Handback threshold perhaps...

However, if those observed speeds do actually bear some relation to the line expected performance , then given my 'Low' estimate of 50.8 with an obersved of 62.27, that would mean with your observed of 51.27 your 'Low' estimate would likely be around the 40 mark!.

That possibly explains why Extra would not be offered...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mike6
Dabbler

@MisterW The figures are Downstream Low 67.3 Upstream Low 19 and the Downstream Handback threshold 61.4

Also, I note that Plusnet Fibre products say "now includes line rental". Is that so? But I've paid a year's rental in advance on the Line Rental Saver 😞

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Hi guys.

The 'Plusnet Unlimited Fibre' is actually the name of the old product we had for our 80/20 service a while ago.

Price wise it's exactly the same as our Unlimited Fibre Extra package.

With regards to the 'now includes line rental' this just means that the line rental is included in the cost shown on the website.

As you're out of contract for your broadband it may be worth speaking with our Customer Options team to see what deals we can offer.

They can be contacted on 0800 013 2632 and are open the following hours

• Monday to Friday- 9 am while 8 pm
  • Saturday - 9 am while 7 pm
  • Sunday - 9 am while 6 pm

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mike6
Dabbler

Thank you @MatthewWheeler - makes sense. I'll give them a call.