cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to FTTC

BlueMeany
Grafter

Upgrade to FTTC

How long does it take for plus.net to upgrade their systems from when BT Wholesale say a Cabinet will have FTTC (states available from 30 June) to be able to change my product in My Account?
Still not showing, and I want to jump straight in once it is available... can't be doing with this pre-decimalization download speed any longer (can't even stream movies etc without constant buffering)!!!!
Please, please, please tell me it'll be available to upgrade via plus.net soon!!
Telephone Number 0170489**** on Exchange BURSCOUGH is served by Cabinet 13
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date
High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 80 79.5 20 19.9 -- 30-Jun-14
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 80 70.2 20 17.9 -- 30-Jun-14
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Upgrade to FTTC

Hi there
Unfortunately there's no way you can do a pre-order of Fibre so to speak.
The only way a order can be placed is once the checker confirms that fibre is available
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
BlueMeany
Grafter

Thought that may be the case.
So how long after 30th do you think it'll take for the checker to 'refresh'?
Don't mind too much, gives me chance to sort out a new router. Anyone any decent suggestions?
xreyuk
Grafter

When I was constantly checking my cabinet before moving into the new house, it started taking orders immediately on the 'go live' date.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

As soon as the BT Availability Checker says that FTTC is available, you'll be able to order it through us. We don't hold any control over whether BT push the dates further away though.
murphtang1988
Dabbler

Still waiting here as well come on 2013 they said it would be ready in this area....
on Exchange BURSCOUGH is served by Cabinet 4
Featured Products
Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Downstream Range(Mbps)
Availability Date
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.
Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.
The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.