cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade for FTTC triallist

StephenJB

Upgrade for FTTC triallist

Hi all.
I was part of the FTTC trial and after the trial I kept the fibre at the Value rate.  10Gb isn't much these days so I was toying with upgrading the package.
I hoped to be able to swap to Essentials Fibre Broadband simply for the asking, but it seems I need to pay the £50 (or maybe £25) acivation fee.  The fee "covers the cost of connecting your Plusnet fibre optic broadband service" - which is already connected of course.  Clearly the system thinks I am changing from ADSL to fibre, which I am not.
A thought is that the system might let me upgrade to Unlimited Broadband (ADSL) which is of course cheaper than the fibre options ...
The last conversation I had was with a helpful CS chap who agreed that the change should be for the asking, but he couldn't find anyone with the authority to let him proceed.
Anyways, could some kind soul confirm for me which of the upgrade options I have from my current position (ex-FTTC triallist on Value)?
Regards, Stephen
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Upgrade for FTTC triallist

Hi there,
Just made the change to Essentials Fibre for you, hope that's alright? There's no charge for the move but as per usual when moving to one of the new products you have started a new 18 month contract.
If you're not happy with either the product or the contract please let me know and I'll do what I can to sort it for you.
StephenJB

Re: Upgrade for FTTC triallist

Brilliant, that's exactly what I wanted.  Many thanks.
Regards, Stephen