cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade broadband product, double line rental charge

amanda87

Upgrade broadband product, double line rental charge

I'm trying to upgrade my broadband product from value to extra online. I'd have thought this would change the monthly cost from £6.49 to £11.49, because I paid for line rental upfront, but the summary screen is saying I'd need to pay for line rental again if I change my broadband product, bringing the monthly cost up to £24.48. This doesn't seem right, as I've already paid for line rental - at that rate I'd be better off sticking with value broadband and paying for extra usage, as I'm unlikely to use more than 25GB. Does anybody know why I have to pay again for line rental?
Thanks,
Amanda
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Upgrade broadband product, double line rental charge

Does anybody know why I have to pay again for line rental?

You don't, AFAIK it's just that the automated upgrade system doesn't seem to be able to cope with Line Rental Saver.
I'm sure one of the Digital Care team will be along shortly to confirm....  
Edit: its explained on this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104810.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

amanda87

Thank you - hopefully that's worked alright now then. I'll have to wait 'til I'm next billed to find out.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for the late response but MisterW has it right.
Correcting my crazy error
Embarrassed
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Heh, watch who you're calling a hairy biker, Chris Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.