cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade broadband package mid month.

steveman

Upgrade broadband package mid month.

I would like to upgrade from the £6.49 (10GB) to the £11.49 (60GB) broadband package due to a relative visiting and needing to Skype with overseas family.
Currently the billing period is from the 2nd of the month, so the online system says the new package would only take effect from 2/4/12.
Is there anyway to bring forwards the upgrade and pay another £5 to make the full £11.49 for the month commencing 2/3/12? I am not trying to abuse the system as currently I am still well below the 10GB limit having used only 1.66GB so far, but I expect my relative may use 1-2GB a day and would be 20-30GB for the rest of the month which at £5 per 5GB would cost more than the upgrade.
Thanks.
15 REPLIES 15
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Upgrade broadband package mid month.

Hi steveman,
I have had this arranged for you. You have now been moved onto the Plusnet Extra Package. Smiley
steveman

Thanks very much!!  That is unbelievably great customer service! Cheesy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Steve, glad you're impressed Smiley
Please pop back if there's anything else we can do for you (or even if you just want to ask a question or pass some time here Smiley )
misswhittaker27

Hi there,im new to the boards and in a similar predicament.I have upgraded from the value pack to the Extra pack,I made this change last week but I have to wait until 21st March until I am on the new plan,is there anyway in which I can change mid way through the month or is this only for special circumstances?Thanks in advance
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm afraid there's not a lot we can do, though if you do exceed your usage by a small amount we could look at refunding some of that as a gesture of goodwill given the account change is already scheduled. We'll keep an eye on things.
misswhittaker27

Ok,thanks Matt.I used to be with o2 before I moved and wasnt able to see how much usage we were actually using so when I signed up I wasnt sure which package I wouldve needed but now I have an idea of how much usage is used per day I upgraded a.s.a.p so will be sticking with the 60GB upgrade for sure after this.
The_10th
Grafter

Just curious as to why one of the customers above managed to change their billing date and product early and one couldn't? Is there a time frame that changes like this have to happen in for example?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I suspect once the customer had already upgraded the package in the member centre any chance of being able to upgrade mid-month was gone.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just curious as to why one of the customers above managed to change their billing date and product early and one couldn't?

Changing account types mid-billing month is something we're trialling at the moment so I don't believe we're able to do it in every instance I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
misswhittaker27

Hi,my value package was due to finish 21st march so I was expecting to change onto the extra package now (22nd) as I applied and confirmed the extra packaged weeks ago but it is still showing that I am on the value package for another month?I paid an extra £5 on top of the value fee for the month just ending as predicted I did go over the limit which is why I need to upgrade onto the Extra package.Please could this be looked into for me or has anyone got any idea if I am meant to do anything else please?Thanks in advance
Editing to add my package has now just been changed over,thank you.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

they normally move over at about 4 in the morning
Nttwill

Hi
I've changed package mid month also and have to wait another 8 days for it to roll over, I need the bandwith ASAP! Any chance I could be moved over now?
Thanks
N
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Any chance I could be moved over now?

Absolutely, I can see you were very near to your account type's limit so I've changed it now for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Nttwill

Thanks Adam,
Very good of you, in terms of billing will i just be charged extra for bringing it forward earlier? or other?
Thanks
Nat