cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade BB account to Extra?

rammie1976
Grafter

Upgrade BB account to Extra?

I posted yesterday about large increase in BB useage. Now I still can't figure out why it has increased so much but I think its not going to change..so should I upgrade from BBYW2 to Extra?
What would be the differences please? I'm Market3 & currently on a monthly contract, with a wifi router.
Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Upgrade BB account to Extra?

The traffic management profile is pretty similar (Extra was based on Premium which was in turn based on BBYWO2/3) but I'd go for Extra for the extra usage allowance and cheaper price.
Kitz hasn't been updated for Extra but compare Premium to BBYWO2 here.
Our information on Extra can be found here, BBYWO2 is here and our traffic prioritisation guide is here.

rammie1976
Grafter

Thanks Ben.
Extra isn't cheaper, it'll be £17.99/month, so maybe I should just buy some extra GB on BBYWO2?
I did see the 'shaping profiles' & traffic priority pages but they were a bit 'too much', so I thought I'd as for advice.
How would the changeover affect BBC iPlayer useage? Will I still be on a monthly contract?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

all residential contracts now 1 calender month payment but only 10 days notice
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm Market3

Then surely Extra is £11.99
Edit: Sorry I meant £11.49

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Extra is cheaper than BBYWO2 on a market 3 exchange, sorry I should have been clearer.
iPlayer is classed as streaming which runs at line speed on both packages.
rammie1976
Grafter

Now I'm confused - BBYW02 is £14.99/month - how much is Extra?
Change My Product says:
Estimated speed: 6.5Mb
£11.49 for next 3 billing months then £17.99 per month thereafter
60GB Usage Allowance
However it doesn't make clear the contract length - could you clarify & point out the T&Cs regarding this please
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Are you sure you're in a Market 3 area ?
This https://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml makes the pricing clear

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Full T's & C's, including contract length are here: http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/
rammie1976
Grafter

I'm positive I'm Market 3 area, I put my phone number in the checker.
I would have hoped someone could point out WHERE in the T&Cs the contract length regarding changing product might be? Do any Plusnet staff actually know, as Ben didn't appear to know the price of different products.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, could you please let me know where I've mis-quoted a product price?
There is nothing in the T's & C's that covers a point as specific as you mention. The applicable section is #19:
Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 10 days' written notice
rammie1976
Grafter

Quote from: Ben
Sorry, could you please let me know where I've mis-quoted a product price?
Extra is cheaper than BBYWO2 on a market 3 exchange, sorry I should have been clearer.

Is Extra cheaper than BBYW02 on a M3 exchange - normal price of Extra is £17.99/month, is it not? (It is only cheaper for 3 months while on special offer?)
There is nothing in the T's & C's that covers a point as specific as you mention. The applicable section is #19:
Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 10 days' written notice

I am not attempting to get into an arguement here - I want accurate customer service. I want to know what the T&Cs regarding contract length would be if I changed my Plusnet product. Surely that isn't a difficult question? Perhaps you would do me the courtesy of asking someone more senior than yourself what the answer is - how long would my contract term be? It is a month currently.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The normal price for Extra on a market 3 exchange is £11.49 per month, ongoing.
As in my previous quote, the cancellation notice period is 10 days. This is regardless of a product change.
rammie1976
Grafter

The normal price for Extra on a market 3 exchange is £11.49 per month, ongoing.
As in my previous quote, the cancellation notice period is 10 days. This is regardless of a product change.

So why does my 'Change my product' say
Change My Product says:
Estimated speed: 6.5Mb
£11.49 for next 3 billing months then £17.99 per month thereafter
60GB Usage Allowance

as per post 6?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rammie1976,
I have checked your account on our systems and it does show market 1, so the change product tool is showing the correct information. I have also put your telephone number in here and here and they both say market 1 too Sad
You said you were sure you were on market 3. Where did you get that info from?
Jojo Smiley