cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upfront payment do I get it refunded?

Whiskerpuss
Grafter

Upfront payment do I get it refunded?

I left Plusnet on 8th October to go to EE. Had a lot of problems in initial 2 weeks with EE router, cancelled contract and put in new order to return to Plusnet. The problems with the EE router has now been sorted, and I am getting double the speed with EE than I was with Plusnet on my ADSL+ line.  I only ever got 8mbps with Plusnet now getting 15.50mbps (on wifi connection) with EE. Brilliant.

Had to pay £32.99 upfront including a £5 activation fee when I put the order in with Plusnet. The Service was due to transfer to Plusnet on 6th November, however, Plusnet made a mess of the direct debit with typo's and in the meantime the problem with EE's router was sorted out. 

So today I cancelled my return to Plusnet as I had nothing but problems with Plusnt for the last 4yrs (had been with Plusnet since 2005). The transfer is now cancelled and I have received confirmation from Plusnet via email.

The reason for this post is, do I get my £32.99 upfront payment refunded, as I obviously haven't used the services and Plusnet haven't sent out the router yet. 

I'm in queue (as usual) to ask Billing and Accounts but have been hanging on for 15 mins now. I'd already been in a queue waiting to speak to someone to cancel the order for 25mins before this. 

Another reason to leave Plusnet. With EE they answer calls within 20 seconds. 

2 REPLIES 2
Whiskerpuss
Grafter

Re: Upfront payment do I get it refunded?

Just been answered on the telephone and the answer was YES I will be refunded today. Sorted. Thanks. 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Upfront payment do I get it refunded?

Glad to hear this was sorted @Whiskerpuss. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with. - Maddy