Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated referrral management code goes live

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Updated referrral management code goes live

PUG has been liaising with Plusnet on the content and release of the revised referral management package. 
Today Plusnet has confirmed that the revised (Phase 1) code is now live and looking for testing / feedback Smiley  See the article here for further details.
We are optimistic that this release will allow us to close a number of the current outstanding PUGIT issues

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

25 REPLIES 25
James
Grafter

Re: Updated referrral management code goes live

And you can also have a quick read of the Blog post I made about an hour ago Smiley
You can see it here.
Not applicable

Quite frankly guys, this is bloomin' brilliant!
Now I have some idea of the earners out there, I know who needs a good 'prod' to earn me some more. Wink
Not applicable

Whilst digging about in the general referrals direction, I came across this page which makes reference to a certain competition to win a trip to NYC.
Looks like its just that page - the links off that page are redirected to the right place for the ongoing promotion.
Don't forget the entries per referral table at the foot of the page too. Wink
zubel
Community Veteran

Ok, I'm liking that immensely
One thing I would like is the ability to <clicky headers> to sort by various options Smiley
Still continuing to play..
B.
EDIT:  I see thats Phase 2, so ignore me. Smiley
Mark
Grafter

Thanks for the feedback guys. Good to hear that this is going down well. Smiley
Barry, the ability to filter should be delivered in the next phase. It is in the original spec but we're taking a phased approach to this.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is really good - congratulations
Mark
Grafter

I came across this page which makes reference to a certain competition to win a trip to NYC.

Thanks for the heads up James.
Getting sorted as I type Smiley

minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Looks good, but is 'deactive' a word in the status column for ex-referrals?
Surely it should be 'inactive'  Huh
Jeff
foxy
Grafter

Thanks for this, my referrals page loads a lot faster now.
It would be good to update the 'help' section to include what each column means, for example I've no idea what 'last token' and 'total tokens' means.
I've now got 4 pages of referrals, I was hoping the final page would have totals like the old table had so I could see the final value column figure...
Can't wait for the filter thingy though.
Mark
Grafter

Looks good, but is 'deactive' a word in the status column for ex-referrals?

Hi minky. Deactive refers to an account which has been deactivated and is a standard ADSL term, quite possibly jargon. (Soz Bob) Smiley

Loombucket
Grafter

Niiiiice!
Cool
xpcomputers
Grafter

Maybe not as "whizzy" as I'd hoped for Roll_eyes .... but very practical information wise... it is a MASSIVE improvement on the previous setup.
I look forward to the sortable columns... and hope (like others) that column totals will then be at the bottom of the table too!
Another useful feature that was previously requested, which is a slight advancement on sorting via headings... would be filtering by headings too... (think auto filter in Excel headings - you tick the box you want to see). For people with MANY referrals (not me!), being able to filter a column for particular entry type, then sort by another column on the remaining data would I'm sure improve things further.
A great start though... it is more than I had expected for phase 1.... looking forward to phase 2 and beyond!
Roo
Dabbler

By popular request we've implemented the column sorting. Simply click on the heading you want to sort by and it will sort it in ascending order. Click it again to reverse the listing.
xpcomputers
Grafter

I'm REALLY liking that!
That has made a massive improvement over yesterday already.
I can now sort by highest payers, date of joining, alphabetical on username, product name etc.
Fabulous. Makes it MUCH easier to see when the signup bounty revenues are due (or more importantly OVERDUE!) as you can see when they joined, and by sorting, you don't have to trail the whole list checking dates. You can just see them in order!
I can also see a few contacts that are possibly on not the best package for their needs... (albeit, I'll lose commission if they move to the new packages... unless I can get them on phone at the same time!)
More importantly for me, is what yesterday revealed... the names NOT on the list. People I have referred that have somehow not been added to my referrals list. Previously I wouldn't have noticed, but now it is clear as daylight that a few are missing!!!
Anyway... that's a topic for a PM or a ticket... but here and now, I would like to thank the developers for this crucial development work successfully delivered.
The bottom totals is the obvious next "quick add" in my opinion. I'll give you a day or two though.... Wink
After that....  How about a colour coding for the whole user line, based on the join date field which changes when the 3 months passes, (if bounty payments after 3 months are going to be a regular feature of future referral rewards).
This would mean "new probationary signups" are shown slightly differently from the rest until they pass the 3month mark (conditional formatting of that line based on "is today more than 90days after signup" - or some such). It could be a change of text colour, or even a background "highlight" to distinguish new signups. It would certainly stop everyone having to do head maths to work out who should have been paid up now, and who is still got a few days remaining.