cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated - phone now working

snowyowl

Updated - phone now working

I think I am moving to plusnet today, but so far nothing has happened.
Is there a way to check progress?  Is it possible to see if the phone line has transfered from TT yet?
I am guessing my TT account will not work once the phone line switches.
13 REPLIES 13
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: I think I am moving today.

Can you see progress here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=adsl_status
Sorry if you can't as it's a l o n g time since I went through the process.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
snowyowl

That does not seem much good, or maybe it is just me.
Mine says....  Checking your details  :  We're gathering details about your account so we can place your broadband order.
Which is a bit strange saying it is supposed to be on today.  I have revieved the router already.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi snowyowl,
I'm sorry about the lack of information on the account. I've asked one of our provisioning agents to look into it, there should be an update for you shortly.
snowyowl

NO Phone line at all today?

Yesturday I posted a thread asking if my transfer was taking place or not.  I got a reply that they would update my information,  the updated information had been changed and now said 25th April.  Previous to yesturday (the 23rd) the only date I had off plusnet was the 23rd April. 
Apparently it seems TT must have thought it was the 23rd April too,  because today I have no phone line at all,  no incomming calls,  no broadband.
I have allowed plusnet to handle this transfer themselves,  I have not canceled TT or anything, they have done it.
So with this in mind, the fact it is plusnets fault,  is there anyway you can get them to pull there finger out and hurry up with the transfer?
Strat
Community Veteran

Moderator's Note
Threads merged as their are about the same issue.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
snowyowl

No worries Strat,  
Though is there any chance you could stick the word URGENT in the title too, pr even better change the title to "no phone line at all today"?  The reason I started a new thread is I think, personally, that   "NO phone line at all today?"  is a bit more descriptive of my current problem than "I think I am moving today"  which isn't even true anymore.  Or at least confirm to me that a member of the plusnet team has read it?
Just to confirm I have no phone line at all, no incoming calls, no out going or broadband.
Strat
Community Veteran

It's best for the DC team if everything is kept in one thread for clarity and a speedy resolution. Smiley
You are quite at liberty to change the thread title yourself by clicking 'Modify' against the first post and make any changes.
snowyowl

Re: URGENT, no phone line at all today.

Thanks for that Strat,  just incase someone reads from the bottom I will quote my current issue.
Yesturday I posted a thread asking if my transfer was taking place or not.  I got a reply that they would update my information,  the updated information had been changed and now said 25th April.  Previous to yesturday (the 23rd) the only date I had off plusnet was the 23rd April. 
Apparently it seems TT must have thought it was the 23rd April too,  because today I have no phone line at all,  no incomming calls,  no broadband.
I have allowed plusnet to handle this transfer themselves,  I have not canceled TT or anything, they have done it.
So with this in mind, the fact it is plusnets fault,  is there anyway you can get them to pull there finger out and hurry up with the transfer?
Strat
Community Veteran

The DC guys are usually pretty good at reading relatively short threads Smiley
Hope you get sorted soon.
snowyowl

meh,  4 hours and they still don't seem to have seen the post. 
Guys,  I have no internet or phone line here at all.  Any help, conformation, anything?  Silence is golden but standing in funny positions trying to get a free wifi signal is no fun.
Why is my phone dead, what have you done?
snowyowl

Re: Updated - phone now working

quick update,  phone is now working  Cheesy
going to pick the lad up then set up the interwebs. (hopefully)
ty if someone helped out with this.
Strat
Community Veteran

Re: Updated - phone now working

Just out of curiosity did you look here to see what tickets there are on your account. https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
Click the drop down and select 'Closed questions in the last 30 days'.
James
Grafter

Quote from: snowyowl
meh,  4 hours and they still don't seem to have seen the post. 
Guys,  I have no internet or phone line here at all.   Any help, conformation, anything?  Silence is golden but standing in funny positions trying to get a free wifi signal is no fun.

Hi Snowyowl,
The Digital Care Team is a small team, and as you'll have noticed, there are lots of other people posting on here too, although I am sorry for your period of downtime.
I would suggest that if you are looking for a quicker response, it would have been better contacting our Provisioning Team who are better placed to answer these sort of queries.
Glad it's sorted now!