cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming price Increase, can I leave my Plusnet contract for free?

FIXED
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Upcoming price Increase, can I leave my Plusnet contract for free?

@very452001 wrote:

Just to summarise and clarify, how much will I be paying if i leave plusnet and do not move to a new provider?

If you're leaving due to notice of the price rises, there would be no early termination fees, however if you opt to have the line ceased, the £30 cessation charge would be applicable.

@very452001 wrote:

Can I get a refund on my line rental saver if taken this route?

I'm afraid I can't advise anything further than the advice already given on this side of things. I would recommend discussing this further with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting the option for thinking of leaving)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
very452001
Grafter

I contacted plusnet and they said different to what you said. They said in the email I have to pay £72.16 not £30 and I wont get my line rental saver refund until I move to a new provider.

What is going on?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@very452001 The part about the charges is incorrect and checking your account the contract has been removed.

With regards to the line rental saver I've sent off a e-mail asking what the process is on this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

You MUST call Plusnet & speak to accounts & billing. I've been with Plusnet for 5 years & I just called about the price rises. I've paid my line rental saver early so I've saved that increase (it doesn't start until my present deal expires) & I've been offered a GENEROUS REDUCTION in the cost of my fibre unlimited broadband. Therefore, instead of an increase my monthly bill has gone DOWN!.

As ever great service from PN & A**, the guy I dealt with, couldn't have been more helpful & cheerful. Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Happy to hear you're had a positive experience.

Just to clarify, the number to call would be our Sales & Retentions (Customer Options) team on 0800 013 2632.

They're in the best position to help.

Opening Times:
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
very452001
Grafter

Hi any latest updates?

d8smt
Rising Star

@tijara33  - glad to hear you had a positive experience. However, did you have to take out a new, 18/24-month+ contract with the new deal?
I've been with PN for 13+ years, and appreciate their tech support, but their contracts people are now so aggressive - every change in service they seem to be forcing a new long-term contract, which I'm not willing to take at the moment because of some of the issues I have had with them on my previous contract (they offered me a siimilar deal 10 months back, then downgraded my upload speed from 10+mbps to about 1.5Mbps and then wouldn't let me revert back to my previous service offering). Upshot is I'm now finding myself in the position where I am effectively being forced to leave PN unless I commit to yet another long term contract, which is not ideal - (I did take advantage of the recent price increase to break my current contract in a hope of getting the service back up to the upload speed I need). So it seems the only option I now have  is to switch providers.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Does it really matter taking out a 18/24 month contract when in 12 months time (or even less) the line rental prices will probably be increased and you can eiither leave without penalty or re-negotiate?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
d8smt
Rising Star

yeah, I did have that thought also......

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Yes, I happily took out a new contract, based both on price & my previous experiences with PN, particularly their superb technical support. My last OR line fault some 9 months ago was fully resolved within 48 hours.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

@very452001 Sorry for the delayed response.

I've checked with a colleague and you should have been offered a refund of the LRS there and then.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team