cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted extra data added

TheArbiter1985
Dabbler

Unwanted extra data added

This morning I returned to my laptop to find I had apparently exceeded 10GB usage for the month. Usage since waking up at 9.30am today [before which laptop was not on] currently shows as 275.32MB which is obviously very large and confusing. I have not engendered any downloads, nor have I any windows 10 guff on the system.
-Is it possible that a flash advert that had run for about an hour ramped up the usage in this period?
In any case, as has happened regularly in the past, I was warned only at roughly an 8GB usage, nearly a week ago. I do not consider this an appropriate sole warning, and I would imagine many others have been occasionally frustrated not to be warned at say, 9.25GB, or some limit they themselves can set.
As has also happened regularly, since I had no belief I was going to exceed 10GB this month until my final day as a usage maximisation, I forgot to change my monthly extras from last month. I had a friend visit because of which I set myself an extra 5gb spend that time. I do not appreciate that such a value remains there month on month without my say so, as I do not wish to have an extra 5GB for just 3 days use.
Will it be possible to please cancel the extra allowance and throttle my speed to 256k for the remaining time, and refund me the charge. £5 is a lot to me and I cannot easily afford it to be blown into the digital ether. In past months when I have been throttled for up to a week at the end of a period willingly, I have ended up using well over 1GB anyways so any discrepancy over 10 right now is arguably defunct.
Will plusnet also please explain the feasibility of individual warning controls being setup, and a toggle to avoid automatically using previous extra data allowances without foreknowledge.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Unwanted extra data added

you might get a quicker response using chat.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
TheArbiter1985
Dabbler

[Agreed, chat was unavailable at the time and remains so now though.
adie:quote
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

If you have an ad-blocker type plug in that will disable chat.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'