cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unnecessary payment mix-up.

paulo
Grafter

Unnecessary payment mix-up.

I have been a PlusNet customer since early 2015 (and on a previous occasion) and have always paid quite happily and on time by Direct Debit.  I recently had an email from PlusNet saying that my Card details needed to be up dated so thought I had better look at my account because I was unaware that I had lodged card details with PlusNet.

I found that in fact I did not have card details on my account but saw in a note there saying that PlusNet would like my card details just in case my direct debit failed.   So like good boy I did as PlusNet requested and filled in the card details they required.   AND lo and behold, I get a note saying 'my next payment to PlusNet will be taken from my Card and I will be rewarded by having and extra charge of £1.50 added to my bill.

Because I still want to pay by direct debit as I usually have done and I never pay card feesanyway I attempted to remove the card.   Guess what, impossible.   So now PlusNet are holding my card on record, at the mercy of hackers, against my will.  Is PlusNet trying to catch up Microsoft in ruling the world?

I can resist everything except temptation.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Unnecessary payment mix-up.

Hi there,

Looking at your account it appears you updated your direct debit details on the 26th Jan, as the direct debit details are not yet active the payment would be taken via card. However as your next invoice date is so far in the future, the new DD should have time to activate before this and you'll have your payment taken as normal. I've also blanked off the card details from your account.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
paulo
Grafter

Re: Unnecessary payment mix-up.

Many thanks Chris for your positive response.

I had deliberately timed the alteration to my direct debit instructions to allow maximum time until my next payment is due so that the new instruction would be in place by then.

Kind regards

Paul.

I can resist everything except temptation.