Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited download allowance?

mickstreet
Grafter

Unlimited download allowance?

Hi,
I'm currently on a broadband/phone package that gives me 60 GB download limit per month. I called the other day to see if this could be upgraded to unlimited but the person I spoke to didn't think it was something that pn offered? I'm pretty sure you do so could someone please let me know what sort of cost it would be?
Many thanks,
Mick.
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Unlimited download allowance?

the only way to get it, as it is an old legacy product, is to phone up customer options (Number in my sig below) and say you are thinking of leaving, the might offer you unlimited to keep you,  several people have been happy recently .
they are only there Mon- Fri  0900 to 17:30
anniesboy
Rising Star

I came across this on a blog abut Netflix, not sure what if anything to read into the comment
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Plusnet usually do their major product refreshes in Spring so this will almost certainly be what Bob was referring to.
mickstreet
Grafter

Thanks guys. That's exactly what I need it for. Signed up for Netflix and we (my kids) are currently using around 5GB a day. I know this will drop with time as they lose a bit of interest but I still think we will be over the 60 / month I'm currently on. I wonder what effect Netflix / love film etc. will have on broad band speeds add they become more popular and traffic goes up?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Services like that can't really impact directly on connection speeds, I can see bandwidth being a bigger concern for people as I'm sure more people will be using more bandwidth as streaming services continue to become more and more popular.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
msssltd
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Services like that can't really impact directly on connection speeds,
:cough:
What about throughput?
Not much point paying out for a 20Mbps fibre when the backhaul is clogged up.
I am genuinely interested to know what plans are being made.  Or will it be another case of UK comms companies clinging to outmoded pricing models while milking the infrastructure and trying to convince Joe Public they are getting a good deal Wink
Don't take it too seriously Adam.  I'm just upset because I get creamed in CoD between 7 and 9pm.  Should probably give it up at my age Cheesy
adie:green fixed quote
polygor38
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Plusnet usually do their major product refreshes in Spring so this will almost certainly be what Bob was referring to.

Will this benefit existing customers or just new ones should an unlimited package go ahead?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

All customers can switch products as they wish.
The only thing existing customers don't get are special offers such as 3 months free
polygor38
Grafter

Perhaps the 60GB package will become redundant.