cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre "Includes line rental" for £11.00 a month on 18 month contract

ptatt1218

Unlimited Fibre "Includes line rental" for £11.00 a month on 18 month contract

I'm coming up to the end of my 12 broadband contract so I went to look at my options to upgrade to fibre. The website offered me the offer as per the subject of this thread.

It explicitly states the following:

Unlimited Fibre

31 - 40Mb estimated download speed based on your current line speed

6 - 10Mb estimated upload speed

Includes line rental

18 month contract

£11.00 a month until September 21st 2020 then £15.99 a month

When I select that offer it takes me to the "Confirm order" page, where it says the same thing:

Confirm your new products

Check that you're happy with your order and confirm below

Monthly charges

Unlimited Fibre 18 month contract £11.00 until September 21st 2020 then £15.99 a month

Line rental £0.00

Line Only £0.00

Total monthly cost £11.00 until September 21st 2020 then £15.99 a month

One-off charges

Hub router P&P £6.99

I have just made a call to the Customer Options Team to discuss my options and I mentioned that I was interested in taking up the offer described above, but I was told that it must be a mistake as the £11 only covers fibre and I'd have to pay line rental on top of that.

Rather disappointed to say the least. If this was a mistake on the website, would you have honoured it if I had ordered it? And what steps are you making to rectify the problem?

If it's not a mistake on the website and I have misinterpreted it in some way, what possible meaning does the phrase "Includes line rental" mean in this context?

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Unlimited Fibre "Includes line rental" for £11.00 a month on 18 month contract

Thanks for getting in touch.

This is due to you having line rental saver as when you go through the product change it checks what products you currently have.

If you weren't to renew your line rental saver then you'd pay the cost of line rental on top of this

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ptatt1218

Re: Unlimited Fibre "Includes line rental" for £11.00 a month on 18 month contract

Hi Matthew and thanks for your reply. What you said is what I suspected was the case - ie the fact that I am currently still within my Line Rental Saver term is muddying the waters somewhat.

You have confirmed that the offer for Unlimited Fibre at £11 a month certainly does not include line rental, as this still needs to be paid for on top of the £11 a month.

Unfortunately, you haven't answered any of my questions, so I can only repeat them again:

If this was a mistake on the website, would you have honoured it if I had ordered it? And what steps are you making to rectify the problem?

If it's not a mistake on the website and I have misinterpreted it in some way, what possible meaning does the phrase "Includes line rental" mean in this context?

I know I am not the only person to have been let down by the wording of the offers on the website. I know other people directly have experienced the same and the person I spoke to on the phone in the COT said he knew of similar complaints.

I am not entirely sure if this is just a peer-to-peer forum or not. If so, then I do appreciate your taking the time to try to answer my queries. However, if you are officially representing Plusnet (and with a title of "Staff - Plusnet Help Team", I am guessing you are), then I would like some answers please, because unless you can provide a convincing explanation, I believe the wording of the offer on the website is not just misleading, it is plain wrong.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @ptatt1218,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We are unable to confirm offers over our social media and community forum channels I'm afraid.

To clarify if the line rental saver is currently on your account, the deals offered are not inclusive of line rental. The system gives you the offer wording based on your line rental product which is why " Includes line rental" is shown for yours.

Our marketing and IT team are aware of this and are working on this to make it clearer and more succinct to our customers. 

Thank you for your feedback and I hope this answered your query, however, if you need any further help please let us know.