cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Upgrade Offer

SteveBB
Dabbler

Unlimited Fibre Upgrade Offer

I have been with Plusnet since 2013, and take Unlimited Broadband (Contracted) with line rental saver. I pay £9.99 pm for broadband (low cost area) and the LRS is due for renewal in September 2017.

I am told some customers have been offered an upgrade to Unlimited Fibre for £25 pm (£26 from 29th June) for 18 months with their price rise email. I got my email a couple of weeks ago, but no mention is made of this in it.

However, I have managed to find the upgrade link to login to my account and it appears the upgrade is nevertheless available to me.

I have several questions:

1. Can I apply for the upgrade even though I haven't been officially "invited"?

2. Will I keep the referrals discount I currently get?

3. I understand the offer is available with LRS. If I do apply, will my LRS still renew annually in September? Could I switch to paying monthly at that time if I wanted to?

4. It is likely we will be moving house within the next 18 months. I am a bit confused by your early termination charges. Can you tell be exactly what I might have to pay if we do move?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Re: Unlimited Fibre Upgrade Offer

Hi Plusnetsteve, If you want to discuss taking out a new deal then please call our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 and they can let you know, Also, you will be able to keep your referrals, You can pay for your line rental monthly once your LRS expires but you should know that if you pay next years LRS an the last 3 months of this years LRS then you will still only pay this years price of £185.88. Finally, in regards to your house move and regarding any possible early termination charges, if you look Here, then it should answer any question you have.

SteveBB
Dabbler

This is not really a very satisfactory answer I am afraid. Why should I have to hang on to the phone for god knows how long to find out if I can upgrade when everything else can be done online?

I know for a fact that some customers have been offered the upgrade and would now like to know why I haven't please.

Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Steve,

@plusenetsteve wrote:

1. Can I apply for the upgrade even though I haven't been officially "invited"?

Yep, because your line can support fibre broadband. To place an order, the advice provided by my colleague above is the best way to get through to us with very little wait time. Select Option 1 then Option 2 on the switchboard.

At the time of writing this, there is no call queue for this department.

2. Will I keep the referrals discount I currently get?

Yep, unless you cancel or downgrade your account to mail only.

3. I understand the offer is available with LRS. If I do apply, will my LRS still renew annually in September? Could I switch to paying monthly at that time if I wanted to?

In regards to this and the offer you've received, our Customer Options Team are in the best position to advise further.

4. It is likely we will be moving house within the next 18 months. I am a bit confused by your early termination charges. Can you tell be exactly what I might have to pay if we do move?

Assuming you'll be on a dual play contract (broadband and phone)...

From 29th June, the early termination charges (ETC) for the Unlimited Fibre package will be £12.16 for each month left on your contract. This is made up of a £3.62 charge for broadband and an £8.54 charge for phone

Unlimited Fibre Extra - £14.12 for each month left on your contract. This is made up of a £5.58 charge for broadband and an £8.54 charge for phone.

You won't need to pay the phone side of the ETC for any months covered by line rental saver.

I hope this helps you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet