cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited 38Meg Fibre is this New Customers Only???

Dodger21
Grafter

Unlimited 38Meg Fibre is this New Customers Only???

Plusnet seem to be offering unlimited usage on the 38Meg fibre package, I’ve been on this for a while now and I noticed it is still as a 40Gig usage limit. Is this going to change or is it “brand new customers only”.
21 REPLIES 21
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Unlimited 38Meg Fibre is this New Customers Only???

you can change to it, but will start a new contract I suspect.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

but as far as I know you can't do it using the normal upgrade system and you will lose any discounts you presently have
Dodger21
Grafter

I had hoped for a different answer but suspected that I would have to start a new contract for the unlimited to be applied, type of thing that really annoys me; still I will decide when my 18 months are up.
Plusnet should realise it would be cheaper to keep customers than give away extras to attracted new ones. This kind of thing is liable to dive me away.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Why not give the Customer Options Team a call now if you want to change to the new product (including home phone)? See what they can offer.
The COT can be contacted on  0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 Monday to Friday 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays) and Saturday 9.00am - 5.30pm.

David
Dodger21
Grafter

Thanks for the info, I may give them a call but in my opinion it should just be applied to all on that package.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

It's far better to let customers change product if they choose to, then everyone knows where they stand. Whilst you regard this change as beneficial not everyone may do so.
David
Dodger21
Grafter

spraxyt
I’m sorry but if you are replying to my post, you are saying it’s better to let customers discover there is an unlimited product rather than a capped product and if they want to change impose a penalty for doing so?
Not what I’ve understood good customer service to be.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Good customer service is keeping customers informed of new products along with the terms and conditions and letting them choose whether they wish to change.
Moving to the new 18 month contract is likely to require starting a new 18 month contract. Whilst you might be happy with that, others might not. Some might also prefer a capped product for family reasons. Those outside the family circle cannot decide for them.
David
Dodger21
Grafter

What I am saying is they should move existing customer on to unlimited; as they will be paying the same price as new customers, with no need to take a new contract, hence the thread title.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dodger21,
Have you spoken to our Customer Options team regarding this?
Dodger21
Grafter

I spoke to them this morning and it will require taking out a new contract.
I took out a 12 month telephone contract earlier this year, taking out a new contract now would give me a 9 month overlap, so I will not take a new one out at the moment.
I have no issues with PlusNet’s service, although I have had speed issues which may have been related to BT’s exchange equipment, I’ve had a significant rise in speed since the work was done, I just hope it stays that way.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Dodger21
What I am saying is they should move existing customer on to unlimited; as they will be paying the same price as new customers, with no need to take a new contract, hence the thread title.

Utter rot! Plusnet can only afford to supply unlimited at the reduced prices by knowing that the user will be with them for the whole of the contract period (or will pay an early exit penalty). New customers have to commit to the full contract length so what you are being offered is no different to what they can get. In fact you are getting something over and above - the ability to end your current contract and start a new contract with no penalty.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Dodger21
Grafter

If I left at the moment I would lose 9 months line rental so I consider that to be a tie in, when I rang this morning CS told me I was out of contract, as far as I’m concerned I shouldn’t be but I didn’t take an option to leave, because of the above and to be honest I don’t think there are any better supplies at their price point and as I said in my other post there customer service is good.
So what am I complaining about, they offer new customer an unlimited service at 38Meg download speed at less than I pay for a capped service and introduce this without telling users on the old service.
A bit like your bank offering new customers a higher rate than you. Yes I know you would leave or close one account and start another but how would it make you feel towards the bank? For not tell you.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Dodger21
If I left at the moment I would lose 9 months line rental so I consider that to be a tie in,

That sounds like the phone service.  Phone and BB contracts do not need to be aligned.  I'm on LSR which ends late October, but last month agreed a new BB contract for 2 years to get the deal I wanted.  I think you'll find that the phone and BB contracts can be sorted separately.
Whatever, if you are in a contract, then that is what you signed up to.  What happens afterwards happens.  Following your logic that existing users should pay the same as new ones, if the tariffs for new users went up and existing (contracted) users were automatically switched as you suggest, would you be content with that?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.