Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Change on account preventing change of password

dallday
Grafter

Unknown Change on account preventing change of password

Hi

I decided it was time to update the password used for my account - been the same for a little while - it seems I cannot do it.

When I go to the change password screen on the account management menu it comes up with this screen briefly ( had to run screen capture software to actually see it Sad )

It says "change already in progress You are currently not allowed to make a change. There is already a change in progress. Please try again later."  It then displays the password change screen - but filling that in has no affect.

Since I have not changed the account since I started the last 18month contract some 16 months ago I'm at a lost to know what change.

Confused user - David

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Unknown Change on account preventing change of password

Hi @dallday thanks for your post

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues making a change to update your password due to this error. 

I've checked your account and I can't see anything pending or out of place that'd cause this, so it's a little puzzling. I've raised a task to our systems support team to take a closer look and offer some guidance. 

As soon as I know more, I'll let you know, this should be by the close of play on the 24th January. 

Feel free to get back to me though if things develop, you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @dallday

We've carried out some work in the background behind your account, which should fix this error.

Can you log into your account again and let me know either way how it goes? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dallday
Grafter

Thanks the strange message has gone and I can now change my password.

Cheers

David

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome! No problem, let me know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dallday
Grafter

Also just to say that the password change process was straight forward as the router automatically updated to the new password without hardly a blip in the connection.

Nice when these features work as they should.

David Smiley

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for the feedback and I'm glad to hear that didn't have to re-authenticate your router after doing so. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds