cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown £29.99 charge on new style bill

mgelder
Dabbler

Unknown £29.99 charge on new style bill

Just got my first bill under the new system and there's an extra Balance Brought Forward charge of £29.99 under Other Items. Nothing outstanding from previous bills. After 55 mins on the phone (can't believe they've stopped Live Chat and New Tickets) PN confirmed it shouldn't be there. They've issued a credit - which will take 2 months!

I've cancelled the direct debit, seemed the best option.

Anyone else getting unknown charges? Bet no-one has an unknown credit, lol.

Check your bill closely!

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Unknown £29.99 charge on new style bill

Two months to get a refund? That's just ridiculous.

Cancelling your direct debit is just inviting even more hassle in the form of debt collectors and damaged credit record. If you want to go down that route then reinstate the dd and claim a refund from your bank under the direct debit guarantee rules.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mgelder
Dabbler

Re: Unknown £29.99 charge on new style bill

Thanks Baldrick1. I realised that cancelling the DD and manually paying the correct amount will speed up the refund. They'd have to be really speedy debt collectors! Its not going to damage my credit rating, but I'm sure it will get the company's attention.

Was more interested in letting people know there are possible overcharges on the new style bill. Its interesting reading other threads about Line Rental Saver double-billing - I need to go check that next.

PN is feeling more corporate and less customer focussed.