cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained heavy phone usage

Dragon_14
Dabbler

Unexplained heavy phone usage

I posted this a couple of days ago under Home Phone, but got no response. Have had an email warning me that we are getting close to our credit threshold, but this does not seem possible as our landline use is v. light. I cannot get through on the phone to PN or access an up-to-date bill or list of calls (the last bill online is dated 01/01/20). Can someone please update the billing info and/or let me know when it is possible to speak to a human being about this? Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Dragon_14
Dabbler

Call Credit Threshold

Have received an email today saying we have spent a large amount on landline calls and are nearing our 'threshold'. This cannot be true as we hardly ever use the landline. I cannot get into itemised billing and Plusnet is not taking any phone enquiries. Is this a phishing mail? Perhaps someone from PN could enlighten me. Thanks.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Call Credit Threshold

Moderators Note

Two topics from OP merged to keep all info in one place.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Dragon_14
Dabbler

Re: Unexplained heavy phone usage

I have just checked through my bills. Haven't had one since January - this may explain the problem i.e. 2/3 months of calls lumped together would come to quite a lot! Has anyone else failed to receive any bills lately? I'm concerned that a large sum will come due when PN finally catches up...

mge501

Hi Dragon, I'm also here because I received this email - says we are "close" to our threshold. Threshold is £55 and we have apparently spent £28.74.

We paid our last bill on March 1 and the next one is due tomorrow. Although we do use our house phone, we don't use it all that much - we typically spend about £2-£10 per month on it. So what on earth is going on? Suppose I'll have to wait until tomorrow and inspect the bill.

I also assumed at first it was a phishing email but on closer inspection it looks real. But good to know that at least I'm not the only one feeling a bit worried about this. It makes it worse that PlusNet seem to have closed down all their phone lines and online support - they actually suggest using this forum for support. Not very impressive. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Dragon_14 and apologies for the delayed staff response.

I've looked into this for you and I've added a reply onto a support ticket you can view and respond to by going Here

Hi @mge501 I'll take a look into your account shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@mge501 send me a PM if there are any calls you don't recognise on your bill when it generates today.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dragon_14
Dabbler

Thanks for adding your experience, mge. I still can't access billed calls or any bill after 1st Jan!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Dragon_14 

If we've not billed you then you won't have any bills or billed calls to view.

I'm monitoring this as per the above ticket I've linked to and we'll generate your bill as soon as we can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet