cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected monthly charge after switching broadband tariff

bodOrange
Dabbler

Unexpected monthly charge after switching broadband tariff

I have just switched from Broadband Plus to Plusnet Extra.  My first billing on the new package was notified as usual on my billing date.  It's for £12.99 rather than the advertised £11.49.
At the same time I received a second email from PN telling me I can avoid £1.50 processing fee but this doesn't start until 1st of February.
So where do I stand?
What is the actual nominal charge for Plusnet Extra on Market 1 exchange?  Is it £12.99 or £11.49?
Am I incurring some a £1.50 charge because, for instance, I am paying by CC?  (No such charge was added to my previous PN broadband accounts).  If so is this not supposed to start 1st of february?
I can't figure whether I'm failing to make a saving of £1.50 or incurring a charge of £1.50.
8 REPLIES 8
Bruce47
Grafter

Re: Unexpected monthly charge after switching broadband tariff

Have a look at your bill here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0
It will explain what makes up the charges.
bodOrange
Dabbler

Thanks.  Looks like I have been charged a CC fee.  I set up DD when I applied for Home Phone.  The Home Phone is not active yet.  At the same time I switched broadband.  The broadband change has gone through (billing date today) but the DD is not yet active.  My previous PN package, Broadband Plus, did not attract the CC fee.  Can I assume that payment for both BB and phone will be taken by DD once the DD is active?
Bruce47
Grafter

The credit card fee was only introduced on 4th January, so would have been charged whether you were on Plus or Extra on this month's billing date.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Non-direct debit processing charges should not be taken from existing customers until 4/2/11. The issue here is that as  you have changed account type our systems have decided to class you as a new customer instead.
Apologies for that, I'll refund you now, this may take about a week to reach you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bodOrange
Dabbler

Thanks Adam.  That's very good of you.
Colins

Hi.
I also have the same kind of problem as bodOrange. I changed from BBYW Option 2 to Plusnet Value in December 2010, in plenty of time for my January 2011 billing date. But now find that I have been charged £1.50 processing fee. I raised a ticket on the 13th Jan and was informed that a response would take about 2 hours. That was almost 4 days ago and nothing has materialised. Does time runs differently in Yorkshire these days?
But seriously, this is most annoying. Plusnet must surely be aware that this is an unauthorised charge to my credit card.
Colins.
Colins

Just an update.
I have now had a response to my ticket regarding the £1.50 overcharge, with the promise of a refund within 5 days.
Thanks to Phil Richardson.
Colins.
prichardson
Grafter

No problem at all