cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected email 2-3 months after contract ended...

davneg
Grafter

Unexpected email 2-3 months after contract ended...

Hello!

Can someone explain this email?

I received it today...out of the blue!

As far as I know, all was sorted and I had to pay one more month.

There were no additional charges.

Capture.JPG

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
jim13
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Unexpected email 2-3 months after contract ended...

I had one of these emails yesterday. Looks like a scam. I have reported it to Plusnet.

frindle2037
Dabbler

I had something similar. I haven't had a bill since the beginning of May.

I don't think its a scam. Mine apologised for the delay in sending out my bills, and explained that I should expect one in the next month.

jim13
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Yes, looks like Plusnet knows about this billing problem and the mail is kosher. I tend to be paranoid about these things as I've had one or two scammers of late.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @davneg @jim13 @frindle2037

Thanks for your comments and I just wanted to confirm that this is a valid communication from Plusnet.

A small percentage of our customers have been experiencing issues with their accounts from the new billing system that we introduced at the end of last year. We’ve worked hard to fix the issues and during this time we haven’t billed these customers.

We are now contacting these customers to let them know we will be restarting their bills. We want to reassure you that your first bill from us will only contain backdated charges for a maximum of the last three months, and any charges for periods longer than this have been written-off free of charge.

It is worth mentioning that if you left Plusnet last year, this invoice may be just a statement of your account with us.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience we have caused. If you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch once your invoice arrives and we will be happy to help.