cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected big bill on leaving

gmatkin
Grafter

Unexpected big bill on leaving

Some weeks ago, we received an email saying that Plusnet had failed to deliver the service speed indicated on our contract, and that we could leave to go to another service without any penalty. So we left and signed up with BT, which has so far delivered a good service at a lower price.

But a few days ago we were billed £124. 65 by Plusnet. It sounded like a penalty me, so I went online to look at the bill. It doesn't seem to be possible to do this, apparently because the account is being closed.

After the usual wait with irritating music I git to talked to a nice man who said there had been some system problems and our account was one of a number that have been billed wrongly.

Check your bills, I say.

Gavin Atkin
3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Unexpected big bill on leaving

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Accounts / Billing..
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@gmatkin wrote:
Check your bills, I say.

If you are told that there is no need to pay then keep a very wary eye out for the 'debt' to be sent on to Plusnet's debt collectors anyway.

There have been instances reported on this forum recently of this happening. See  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Debt-collectors-chasing-for-a-charge-plusnet-told-m...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gmatkin
Grafter

Thanks for the tip.

Gavin Atkin