cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievable ..... How could Plusnet cancel an order without me asking them

cd1970

Unbelievable ..... How could Plusnet cancel an order without me asking them

I've recently moved home and after 4 weeks of dates being moved to install the new phone & broadband, just days before it was 'systems go', i get an email saying the order had been cancelled.  I phoned Customer Services and was told they were not sure what had happened but would place another order, as if that was that!..   I could not even speak to a supervisor or manager and pushed to get the guy to speak to someone to push for the install to go ahead on the planned date but was told thats not how it works!  Very very x1000 frustrated (could use stronger words!)  to understand how Plusnet can be so inept at what should have been a simple transition.........

Does anyone from Plusnet actually review some of these threads, would be interested if someone could explain how they could just cancel an order without any reason?

4 REPLIES 4
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Unbelievable ..... How could Plusnet cancel an order without me asking them

@cd1970  First, Welcome to the Forums.

It would almost certainly be PlusNet's suppliers that cancelled it (Openreach) rather PlusNet themselves, sadly it seems Openreach can be rather slow at notifying the ISP (this does not just apply to PlusNet) of the cancellation, with Covid 19 there is also a shortage of Openreach engineers available and PlusNet have no control over that sadly.

cd1970

thanks for the welcome @wakeman 

Yeh possibly was OpenReach but i would have expected in that situation to receive an email / txt saying the date has been postponed and will be moved to another date, rather than the Plusnet service desk agent having to replace the whole order which took another 30+ minutes of his time to do.   Some notes indicating who updated the order with a cancellation request would have been helpful so he could have told me clearly who and why.  

Just frustrated as i've gone 4 weeks since the first proposed date and it keeps moving.   Whether i give up and go back to BT, i dont know... if OpenReach are the culprits, as you say doesnt matter which ISP you go with!

cheers

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

For some on this forum Plusnet is ALWAYS to blame ... even though it's Openreach!  My switch to fibre was almost a fortnight later than planned because OR techie had not finished other jobs and could not get to cabinet, but at least my ADSL wasn't interrupted and hasn't been since I joined PN from BT seven years ago. As you say every ISP has the same problem but in fairness to Openreach they have been hit by recent gales and flooding in places as well as Covid. Respect to OR workers and even more to the electricity linesmen who are out in all weathers to maintain our services.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Even though Plusnet don't proactively notify anybody.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."