Fixes: 1

Unauthorised cancellation

I've received an email dated July 21, 2017 3:49 AM saying:

We're sorry to hear you're moving your broadband service
Here's what you need to know

Hello A*****n,

Account username: a*********e

Phone number affected: 0143*******

We're sorry to hear you're moving your broadband service.

Another service provider has told us that you're moving your broadband service to them.

Your broadband service will transfer automatically on 20th July 2017 and will result in the cancellation of your broadband service.
• If you're also moving your phone service - (we've not got confirmation of this yet) this should happen on the date set out above and will result in the cancellation of your Plusnet account - we'll send you another email with further details if this is the case

• If you're not moving your phone service - we'll continue to supply your phone and any other services you have with us after this date

If that's not right, or you'd like to speak to someone about your account, call us as soon as possible for free on 0800 073 3057 from a landline or, at UK landline rates on 0330 123 0178 from a mobile, before 4pm on 18th July 2017. The sooner you call the easier it is to change things.

It's a genuine email because they know my details, no-one else would. I'm totally shocked because I have not authorised anyone to cancel my broadband. Notice the dates in the email as well, just doesn't add up.

Customer services doesn't open until 8am, I'm now sitting here in total panic for the next two hours. I suffer from extreme stress and anxiety, I really can't manage such things. Dow dare they try to cancel my services without authorisation. And who the hell is canceling them?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

3 REPLIES 3
FuchsiaCottage
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Unauthorised cancellation

Fix

Just got off the phone with a customer service rep. I shouldn't have seen this, it's an internal thing where they've moved me from a shared network to their own network, doesn't affect my account at all, it was a mistake that I was made aware of this.

Message from Plusnet:

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and distress caused by the previous message this should not have been sent it was purely ourselves changing you over to a better network that has caused this to be sent in error.

We hope that this helps but if there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Phew, I've been in blind panic for the past hour or so. Apparently others may be getting the errant email as well, so hope my post helps.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Sorry for the confusion. Just to add - we've applied a fix that should stop this happening to any other customers.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@bobpullen and this

call us as soon as possible for free on 0800 073 3057 from a landline or, at UK landline rates on 0330 123 0178 from a mobile

needs changing anyway ( for those messages that really do get sent out! ) to specify that calls to 0800 are free from mobiles as well now!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.