cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unanounced Pricing Change

jorvikmik
Grafter

Unanounced Pricing Change

Just went on the phone to update from 10gb at £12.99 to unlimited with the first 6 month at half price on a 24 month contract. We did one of the families phones last Friday and that was fine but now we are told as from today PlusNet are charging an extra £2 unless the phone line is with them.  The phone line with them on the account changed last week is still with Bt and would have been changed mid August when the 12 months prepaid line rental ran out. We would have done the same with this line but not before the prepaid line rental was up.
Did anyone else see anything about a pricing policy/change taking place today?
The location of our 2 accounts are adjacent and we pick up whichever wifi is available and the only reason to change the second line was so that we didn't have to check which line we were connected to.
I suppose.
BT are obviously cheaper and have suffered no more outages locally than we have on plusnet anmd it is just the fact that I am the one that has to sort out problems that has detered me in the past as I hate the overseas call centres. Also there will be the advantage of using the other network if one goes down rather than having all the eggs in one basket.
Anyone know what the BT package with TV is like - I have heard that the content is not good but the son would be keen on getting a sports channel for rugby and grand prix.
Mike

6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Unanounced Pricing Change

deleted - not relevant
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The additional cost for new customers only taking broadband, or for existing customers changing to one of the current products (broadband only) came in this morning. It;s £2.50 extra for broadband only on the current products.
I still think it's good value in comparison to the (fairly few) ISPs around us in the marketplace that offer broadband only services.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jorvikmik
Grafter

I got tied up all evening with a family discussion as we are all on Plusnet - It seems that as we have one plusnet account unlimited then sky will be used for the second line so that the son can get the grand prix, though I am looking to see if there any paid tv subscriptions on demand for this as he spends half of his time away at sea. We get about 6.5 to 7MB and not sure if this would work with the BT internet TV service, some say yes and some say no and I don't even know if the grand prix is available on that.
Another of the family who has only used 4.7MB of her 10GB in 25 days may be better just using her giffgaff phone tethered to her laptop, though she has talked about getting a smart tv which of course would change everything.
Customer service are phoning me in the morning and I am just hoping that the family have decided what I am to do before then.
The one problem is the offer we have had from PN involves changing the phone line to them, but the line rental in question has just been prepaid with BT for the next 3 months with 24/7 free calls. Would we lose this if we found an alternative method of getting the grand prix?
My own personal Plusnet account changes to unlimited in a few days and then I am changing my phone line over when my prepaid line rental finishes with bt in August and I was hoping that the family would just follow my lead, but as usual I get to have to sort out their problems. Just hoping that it doesn't lead to me having to phone sky or bt in the future on their behalf.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

If you move the phone line before the renewal date for line rental saver deal then no rebate for unused service -its in the t & cs. Sad
HughA
Grafter

Can someone confirm that at the end of my 12 month contract period my unlimited, broadband only price will remain at £9.99 and not increase by £2.50?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The price for existing broadband-only customers stays the same unless the customer requests a change in product.
David