Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable Delay Being Refunded a Cancellation Charge

FIXED
TootieFrootie
Grafter

Unacceptable Delay Being Refunded a Cancellation Charge

hi Plusnet Community (Billing),

I left Plusnet as a broadband customer 26.11.21 (on very good terms, simply didn't require the connection any more after a house move) but retained my email account. Ahead of the planned closure, on 08.11.21 I received written (emailed) confirmation that as a long term customer the early cancellation charge would be waived. Initially, due to the incorrect way that my account had been closed, my email did not work properly and it took a few conversations and some very knowledgable people on these forums ( @Gandalf I'm looking at you) to sort that issue out for me.

Unfortunately, Plusnet still went ahead and debited my account with a cancellation charge and I believe this, again, was because of the incorrect way that my account had been closed. I was told to cancel my direct debit to prevent any such payment from being taken, which I did but was too late as it was already pending. I've been in touch with Plusnet since 16.12.21 to try and get my charge refunded (£67.75), had a couple of tickets opened and further assurances given that this would be sorted out immediately. The agents I've spoken to all confirmed that, yes, they could see that cancellation charges had been waived but had still been debited. It's now 14.01.22 and a week after my last call to Plusnet I've still heard nothing.

Is this anyone from billing in this forum that can pick up my case and arrange to refund me asap please, whichever way you do that, now that my account is closed and DD cancelled? After a lifetime of good service from Plusnet I don't want the end to be soured by this experience. Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Unacceptable Delay Being Refunded a Cancellation Charge

Hi @TootieFrootie

I'm really sorry to see you've not received your refund yet.

I had personally arranged this by cheque last month and I'd kept you up to date by e-mail via the support ticket you can view online Here (the ticket's closed now though as I'd believed this was sorted).

I'll chase this up with our billing team and I'll keep you updated via the ticket I've logged Here

I'll provide an update as soon as I know more by the 19th January at the latest.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TootieFrootie
Grafter

hi @Gandalf 

Apologies I hadn't realised that one of the tickets was constantly being updated. Has the cheque been issued to my old address or new address? I believe Plusnet did ask me for the address I was moving to before my account was closed. A post redirect is in place but I guess after all this time the cheque is now lost somewhere in the postal system. Since I don't have an account, as such, with Plusnet anymore I cannot edit the ticket to add in my new address. Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @TootieFrootie

No problem, I suspect in that the case the cheque's lost in the post.

Not to worry, could you reply to the ticket 221122037 with your new address, so I can make sure our billing team are aware? 

You should still be able to log into your account online from Here using your account username and password. Have you attempted to? If so, did you get a particular error message when you tried?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TootieFrootie
Grafter

hi @Gandalf I've replied to the ticket now with the old and new address after spotting the edit button at the bottom of the ticket! Thanks again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @TootieFrootie

No problem, thanks for getting back to me.

I've escalated this with our billing team to cancel the cheque with our bank and re-issue another.

As soon as I know more, I'll let you know, at the latest I'll check back on Wednesday next week

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @TootieFrootie

We've now issued you with a cheque to your new address you should receive within 14 days. 

Let me know if you don't receive it or there's anything else you need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TootieFrootie
Grafter

@Gandalf (and Anoush)  - Thanks for sorting this for me, I will update the ticket once I receive the cheque!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @TootieFrootie

No problem, aye let me know how it goes. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TootieFrootie
Grafter

@Gandalf Cheque now received, thanks for sorting this out with the Plusnet team. I'll go ahead and mark this 'issue' as closed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to see you've received the cheque, thanks for the confirmation @TootieFrootie

I actually arranged the cheque as I'm the person who's been replying to the ticket via your account. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet