cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up BT ID for BT Sports App

ew0683
Hooked

Unable to set up BT ID for BT Sports App

I have signed up to the BT Sports App via Plusnet yesterday and was unable to set up a BT ID with "Sorry, somethings gone wrong. Click here to try again." when I put in my username and postcode. I was advised by the livechat advisor to have the subscription cancelled there and then and try again 24 hours later.

I have just resubscribed but the same issue is persisting with trying to set up a BT ID. I do not have a previous BT ID.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone have experience with the above please?

Many thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Unable to set up BT ID for BT Sports App

Hi @ew0683, thanks for your post.

Having liaised with our Products Team yesterday, I can confirm that we are aware of an issue that's preventing customers from setting up BTIDs.

I've just emailed the Products Team with your account information so that they can ensure your account is added to the incident and then notify you (or me, and I'll notify you) when it's resolved.

We're sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

pippin2019

I too joined plusnet mainly for the offer of £2.50 a month for by sport. After 8 phone calls to plusnet and almost a day wasted on the phone I am still no further forward. Although o have paid for 2 months my account is not cleared and they are not able to add bt sport. The last phone call suggested that I keep ringing each week yo see if my account has been updated. Although PN have apologised, it is still suggested that I call in each week to see if their technical IT error has been rectified! The app is the only reason we joined PN so very disappointed. When looking back through the community blog it seems that this problem has been occurring since 2018! I have also been informed that should I wish to leave then cancellation charges will apply. Seriously unhappy at the service.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @pippin2019,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you've experienced this issues with our services and that you haven't been given a straight answer as to what's going on from our end of things. I've looked over your account today and taken over the complaint that you've logged with us. I've updated this with a response, which can be viewed here. Please let us know once you've had the chance to review the ticket and we'll be happy to pick this back up as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
pippin2019

Hello I would appreciate it if you could monitor this issue for me. I feel as though I have been going round in circles without any help. If the problem persists, surely I am within my right to cancel without cancellation fees because I am not getting the full product I ordered.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @pippin2019,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your patience on this issue.

My colleague has taken ownership of your query and will be chasing this up once he is back in the office after the weekend. With regards to the BT Sport product, this is an optional product arranged via BT and thus can be cancelled at any time without affecting your services from us.

Thanks - LF

pippin2019

Thank you for assigning some one to the matter. I look forward to getting it resolved.
However you do soon. To miss the point that I only changed to PN because of the fabulous BT sport offer. Therefore if the issue cannot be resolved then I do not feel I should have cancellation charges with yourselves. I see this is a common problem and many people are in the same situation as myself - even dating back to 2028. If I had known about the issue then I would have taken broadband out with BT.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @pippin2019,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's understandable to raise such a question as I realise the BT Sport addition would have been a factor in your decision to come to us.

As this is still in process I would anticipate the provision of BT Sport will be completed soon, however if you have any questions or wish to discuss cancelling your services I'd suggest speaking to our Customer Options Team directly on 0800 013 2632 between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

They are best placed to discuss this with you as we can't deal with cancellation queries on social media.

Thanks - LF