cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to renew contract - endless loop

chesterfield
Grafter

Unable to renew contract - endless loop

So, Im out of contract and currently have fibre unlimited plus, line rental with weekends package on the phone (legacy I think).  I also have the pro bolt on (unsure if this is now legacy too)

I can see that as new customer I could sign up for 18 months at 26.99 for unlimited fibre plus including line rental.   (assume this doesnt include the pro add on).

On my home screen it says renew now for £32.99 (£1 more than the new customer plus pro add on), but whatever.  I try to renew and it goes to a screen where I can begin my order, I click that and it takes me to a screen saying in order to check my account I need to log in, which I do, and Im back at the home screen.  Endless loop.

If I try to upgrade by just saying make changes to my account,  it shows me the out of contract product Im on and only lets me pick that.  Then gives me a choice of phone packages, none of which I want other than my existing (and presumably legacy package of weekends) so I click to keep that.

Im then told - no changes have been made your price will remain the same.

This is the most farcical contract renewal process Ive ever seen - probably easier to just switch providers to be honest, been here about 20 years and sadly it appears to have gone massively downhill.

The picture below shows the only option im presented with when trying to renew a contract - same for phone.  Seriously its been this awful to try and renew contracts for years - probably worth a report to trading standards, as its certainly one way to keep people on out of contract charges, just break the online ordering system and leave it disfunctional for years.

PN options.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
chesterfield
Grafter

Re: Unable to renew contract - endless loop

So no response from anyone at PN then?   No explanation why its impossible to actually renew your contract by clicking on the renew contract button?

Useless.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Unable to renew contract - endless loop

Plusnet Support staff are extremely busy and it could take a couple of days to get a response from them.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine