Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to renew contract because of error

FIXED
huglacq

Unable to renew contract because of error

Hello there,

I have been trying to renew my broadband contract but I keep encountering an error on the website that reads, 'Something's gone wrong. Please wait until we’ve finished updating your phone service before making another change.'

This error has actually been there for a few months already and I noticed that others on this forum have been dealing with a similar issue. Due to this, I'm now unable to select any option to renew my contract.

I'd be grateful if someone could look into this for me and fix the error.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Unable to renew contract because of error

Hi there huglacq, Sorry for the issue with your account that's been preventing changes for a while. 

I've raised a task to our billing team to get that fixed and it should get sorted out within the next day or two. I should be getting an email to confirm when that's been done so I'll drop you another reply back here when that comes through. 

Cheers for your patience and do let me know if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Hi there, I'm just letting you know that I've received a confirmation that his has now been fixed so you should be able to make any changes to the account that you need to. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
huglacq

Thank you very much for your help. It seems to be working now as I was able to renew the contract. Hopefully it doesn't happen again in 18 months. Much appreciated.

aziza54

Hello,

I am having the same problem which is preventing me from renewing my contract. I keep seeing this message:

'Please wait until we’ve finished updating your phone service before making another change'

How can I get this fixed?

Many thanks in advance.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@aziza54  Welcome to the Community Forum.

If you do not want to wait until a Plusnet staffer comes along and fixes this then ring the Customer Options Team on
0800 013 2632. If you ask they will renew your contract at the offered price.If you are on a Fibre service with an old router and again you ask they will also send you the latest Hub 2 for the P&P charge, so it's worth the trouble.

This number is normally answered quite quickly.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

aziza54

Thanks for the reply, the advice and the help Smiley

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @aziza54

Have you had a chance to call the team regarding this yet?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
aziza54

I called Plusnet and renewed my contract directly but when I log in to my account this message is still there. And the new contract details haven't been updated yet. 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I'm sorry to hear that's the case. Having a look at the account, I can see that the renewal is currently on hold for review, but should still be picked up and put in place in time for the next invoice. I've logged a request for the error message to be looked into - if the issue persists then please let me know and I'll be happy to review this further.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
aziza54

Thank you for your help. I hope this will be resolved before the next invoice is due. Thank you again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@aziza54, from what I can see the error was due to some pending call features so I've manually activated them to remove the error which has let me apply your new contract. As we've already generated your bill yesterday, I can't change how much we'll take from your bank in ~5 working days time, so I've refunded the overcharge which you should receive before or shortly after we take the payment. I hope this helps and apologies for the issues you've had. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aziza54

Many thanks for your kind help and time in this matter. It is greatly appreciated Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem at all @aziza54, let me know if there's anything else you need help with Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet