Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to renew Line Rental Saver

FIXED
MartynGV
Dabbler

Unable to renew Line Rental Saver

I am unable to renew my LRS and haven't received a renewal reminder. I get the following message when I attempt to renew online:-

You're already signed up to Line Rental Saver. 
This is due to expire on 09-11-2018. We'll contact you before this to let you know when you can renew the offer.

I did chat online to someone a few days ago who told me that my only option is to phone and pay for the LRS over the phone. I find this strange as others who have reported the same problem appear to have had the issue resolved to allow for online payment.

Can this issue please be sorted so that I can make this payment online in the normal way. I have tried phoning but am just left on hold for far too long and have other things to do. It doesn't seem right that I am expected to sort a problem that is not of my making.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
kac11
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Unable to renew Line Rental Saver

Same here.... same date.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Sorry to hear you're unable to pay line rental saver online and you've been asked to call in.

From what I can see we would've had the same issue over the phone. I think I've fixed the problem for you both now.

Could you try going to www.plus.net/rentalsaver letting me know if the system allows you to renew online now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MartynGV
Dabbler

Thank you very much for your assistance. I can confirm that the issue is now fixed and I have been able to renew online Smiley

Good news, you are now able to renew Line Rental Saver. 
Your current subscription expires on 09-11-2018.

followed by

Your payment for Line Rental Saver has been successful.

once I had entered my payment details

MartynGV
Dabbler

One slight concern, having paid, is that the option now states

You're already signed up to Line Rental Saver. 
This is due to expire on 09-11-2018. We'll contact you before this to let you know when you can renew the offer.

Shouldn't it say 09-11-2019 now that I have paid?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear that fixed the issue and you're able to renew online. Thumbs_Up

The end date you're seeing is for the current LRS contract. Once that's run out it should update to the new one you've bought today.

Let us know how things look on the 9th.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MartynGV
Dabbler

Thank you, once again, for helping to resolve the issue I had with being unable to renew my Line Rental Saver.

Unfortunately, I now find that this has created another issue. I have made my Line Rental Saver payment but there isn't a Line Rental Saver invoice on my account to match to the payment. As a result of this my account is now hugely in credit and this credit is reducing as it is used to clear my Plusnet Unlimited Broadband monthly charge.

This is all proving to be very frustrating and I hope that my account can be put in order. I have always been very happy with the service I have received from Plusnet and hope that this is just a blip.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thank you for getting back to us @MartynGV.

I am sorry this issue is still ongoing, I have raised this ticket here and it has been escalated to our billing team to investigate further.

ChrisLights
Hooked

Can you help me with mine? Having the same issue

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @ChrisLights,

I cannot seem to find your account information please could you PM your account username so we can investigate this for you.