cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pay outstanding debt

Scotch

Unable to pay outstanding debt

Hello, my credit score is being affected by an outstanding debt of £37. I've called customer services who told me that it has been passed to a collection agency but they gave me no info and there's nothing on my credit report but Plusnet's details.

So I am well and truly stuck and would really appreciate some guidance on how to proceed.
4 REPLIES 4
Scotch

Plusnet ruining my life for £37

Please GOD just tell me how to pay this off or what debt agency it has been passed to.

I take full responsibility for not paying my final bill back in 2018. But the debt was given to an unnamed agency and - probably because I moved and didn't receive any letters - I was not notified.

Sometime the next year I checked my credit report and noticed that it was being ruined by this £37 thing - which still appears as Plusnet, not the name of whatever debt agency - but was unable to sort it out as my account with Plusnet was gone and they couldn't tell me who they gave the debt to.

Now, another 2 years down the line and my credit report has become a matter of life and death as I can't find a place to rent without improving it.

So I'm begging you, please help me fix this before I have to start filing official complaints or whatever.

Thanks
Tags (1)
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Plusnet ruining my life for £37

@Scotch 

Why wait? https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/
If that’s not responded to you have started the time clock to when you can take it to arbitration.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Unable to pay outstanding debt

Hi @Scotch

I'm sorry to see you're having issues paying an outstanding debt to clear your credit report.

If you can drop me a private message with the following details, I should be able to find out who it's with. 

+Your mobile number
+Your full name
+Your full address
+Are you the account holder?
+Your date of birth
+Last 2 digits of your bank account number
+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Unable to pay outstanding debt

Moderators Note

Topics on same subject from same OP merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'