cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pay online - plusnet website error

chesterfield
Grafter

Unable to pay online - plusnet website error

Is anyone aware of an error on the PN website that is affecting payment details.   I have received a new card and my current one is set to expire - so when I log in I am told I have an outstanding invoice.

When I try to enter new card details and make payment I keep receiving an error - tried different browsers, no difference..

EDIT:  Ive now managed to at least add the new card onto my payment methods - but then trying to use it to pay the bill results in the same error as before.

Website Software Error

Website Software Error

Due to a fault with our site we're unable to complete your request. We take problems of this kind extremely seriously. The error has been recorded and our development staff will investigate shortly.

You will now be redirected to our main site.

4 REPLIES 4
chesterfield
Grafter

Re: Unable to pay online - plusnet website error

Oh, and just to make it even better, Ive tried calling the billing phone number to make this payment and Ive been advised by automated message that Plusnet no longer take payment over the phone....

EDIT:  Turns out they do take payment over the phone, even though there is a specific message telling you they dont.  All sorted now.

pjr1969

It seems you were lucky. I had the same "website error" message after trying to pay by card online (in my case because in switching from ADSL to Fibre it seems Plusnet reset the existing direct debit info but don't tell you this) so I phoned the Plusnet billing dept and they said "yeah we've got that error message too!". So, unresolved......

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you've had paying your outstanding invoice.

If you experience this error message again can you let us know so we can investigate?

It's easier to try to figure out why this is occurring if the problem is still happening.

Cheers. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pjr1969

The error (as per screenshot in the OP's first post) hasn't gone away, regardless of card used. I had a further telephone conversation with Plusnet telephone support this evening confirming that the same problem happens with card payments initiated at your end. I now have 5 different "pending" payments on my credit cards so I hope they will be released without going through!! 

Anyway, apparently a retry at Direct Debit payment has now been initiated which will hopefully go through in a couple of days, so will wait and see...