cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make payment.

jimmij01

Unable to make payment.

Hi, 

I have an overdue bill, which i have no way of paying, plus.net./pay doesnt work anymore and hasnt for 2 weeks.  I never recieved any of usual pre direct debit date emails or text messages, or the usual failed billing emails/txts.  Waited on the phone for 40mins to make a payment, only to be told that the CS advisor was unable to take payment because his system was also broken. 

He put me on hold to pass me to another CSA. To take payment. But the call was hung up while i was on hold. This all took another 20 mins.

What is going on Plusnet?, i have never had a problem until now. When are you gong to sort out your payment systems

8 REPLIES 8
idiotforjoining
Hooked

Re: Unable to make payment.

I know the feeling.   The worst ever.   This company demonstrates incompetence to a level you might find hard to comprehend.

I have had to resort to writing to this companie's CEO.  His name is Andrew Baker.  

If you complain you best record the messages , I have had to resort to taking screen shots with my ipad.   They love scrubbing messages.  It is like hiding the evidence/sweeping the dirt under the carpet.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @jimmij01 and welcome to the forums, I'm sorry that you're having problems. I've checked your account and I also am not able to take access your payment details at this time so am unable to assist. Are you able to browse the internet normally? once this issue is resolved and payment is available if we've charged you any late payment charges just drop us a line here and we'll happily refund them.

Sorry again for the inconvenience. 

@idiotforjoining wrote:

If you complain you best record the messages , I have had to resort to taking screen shots with my ipad.   They love scrubbing messages.  It is like hiding the evidence/sweeping the dirt under the carpet.

I'm really concerned about this, what information or evidence do you have that I can use to investigate the alleged scrubbing of messages? Neither Agents, Managers nor Departmental Heads have access to delete information from your account and so I'd really like to help you get to the bottom of this.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
idiotforjoining
Hooked

Not deleting messages  heh    LOL   Strange  how the ticket messages disappear.    Could this be to hide the evidence so that issues cannot be raised with the Ombudsman so easily.    This also adds to staff who will not take complaints and pass them upwards so that I can get a deadlock letter/statement.

The ombudsman have stated that frustrating complaints could give me grounds to send the matter directly to the ombudsman.

I am as we speak writing to your CEO (Andrew Baker) regarding unanswered complaints and also a subject access request.

Funny how info on SAR s are missing on the website.  

jimmij01

I am able to browse the internet normally at the moment, but when it gets cut off how will i be able to pay?. If your systems are broken, And your pay now option doesnt work anymore.?  i cant access my account details on site anymore, I could until yesterday, This has also broken.

Tags (1)
JonoH
Hero

@idiotforjoining wrote:

Not deleting messages  heh    LOL   Strange  how the ticket messages disappear.   

I'm serious, I'd really like to help you get to the bottom of this, we have no reason to delete your tickets, every agent that access your account leaves a footprint, that footprint allows us to see who's had access. Each agent who accesses should leave a ticket explaining why they are there and what steps they took to resolve whatever it was they needed to access the account for. Only Very few people have the ability to delete content and even that leaves a footprint. 

Could this be to hide the evidence so that issues cannot be raised with the Ombudsman so easily.    This also adds to staff who will not take complaints and pass them upwards so that I can get a deadlock letter/statement.

Not at all, you can absolutely raise anything with the ombudsman. That's absolutely your right as a consumer however an ombudsman will only consider a complaint once the organisation itself has been given a chance to sort it out. Once the organisation’s own complaints handling process has been exhausted, customers can contact the ombudsman. 

The ombudsman have stated that frustrating complaints could give me grounds to send the matter directly to the ombudsman.

I can see you have a complaint open with our High Level Escalations team but am unable to see how we've frustrated your complaint if you could give me examples, or a date and time that a message was left on your account that subsequently went missing I'd be happy to help. In the meantime our complaints code of practise can be found here.

I am as we speak writing to your CEO (Andrew Baker) regarding unanswered complaints and also a subject access request.

I'll speak to the manager of the team that handles these queries and have them look at your open complaint.

Jono H
JonoH
Hero

@jimmij01 wrote:

I am able to browse the internet normally at the moment, but when it gets cut off how will i be able to pay?

It shouldn't get cut off until 14 days after payment is due, by then everything should be resolved. If it's not please just tag me in a post and I'll see what I can do.

Jono H
jimmij01

Is the Payment date the same date that the money was due to leave the account? or the billing date  23rd Aug?

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @jimmij01.

Thanks for your question, I appreciate your need for clarification.

Your payment date is not to be confused with the invoice date. If the invoice was dated 23rd August, the payment date will be 5th September. If you have a direct debit, this is the date your direct debit payment actually leaves your account.

If you have any further queries, do let us know.