Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get through on phones to make payment

FIXED
cs3pgj

Unable to get through on phones to make payment

Hi PlusNet,

I'm leaving PlusNet and have a charge of £58.55 to pay for early expiry of on contract.  I've been trying to get through on the phones to pay this amount since the 4th November.  Whenever I ring waiting times are 20min, 30mins, and upwards.

I've just called now and been told waiting times are 45+mins.

I want to pay, I'm happy to pay, but you're not making it easy for me to do so - I'm not wasting 45+minutes of my time for the privilege of paying you.

I'm concerned that we will get to the point where my account expires and I've not been able to pay. Can you please advise how I can make the required payment quickly and easily.

Regards,

Philip Jones

9 REPLIES 9
craig123

Cancelling account online?

I assume people who work for Plusnet monitor this...

Can't find an option for cancelling the account online, (I suspect this is so we can be convinced otherwise when we speak to someone but in this day and age...really?)

Called - to be told there is a 45 minute wait.

Tried online chat - that's 'busy' apparently.

Is there an email address?

So I've cancelled my DD. I expect someone will get back to me pretty quickly so I can settle the balance owing.

If someone from Plusnet wants to get in touch with me to take the final balance - I'm here.

Or if someone can tell me how to do this via my account I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Cancelling account online?

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

A cancellation request for cease of service can be made in one of two ways:

• By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation for cease of service is by calling our Customer Options Team.

• By post to: Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

craig123

Thanks,

I suggest that a 45 minute wait is neither quick nor easy but that's moot.

Forcing people to write a letter, particularly for a media company, is a joke. Clearly designed to make it difficult to cancel the contract.

At least I was correct in that it can't be done online.

One less customer for them to worry about. Ever again.

craig123

Re: Unable to get through on phones to make payment

I suspect they'll contact you soon enough!!

Keep a copy of the post here; if they don't contact you this demonstrates reasonableness on your part.

I'm trying to cancel - can only ring or write an actual letter! On paper. With a stamp! Who does that!

I suspect the County Court would expect the company to make it easy to pay final fees.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Merged two threads by the OP to keep things in one place to aid support.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

cs3pgj

Thanks for your response OldJim.  I've actually already cancelled my contract - I did it via Chat on the 4th November.  I tried to pay the outstanding amount then, but was told that I could only do it over the phone.

It's the paying I'm having a problem with, not the cancelling

Thanks,

Phil

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi Philip.

I've arranged for one of my colleagues to call you back within the next 30 minutes.

@craig123

I'd advise calling Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 if you're wanting to cancel your service.
As I type this, there is no call queue.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cs3pgj

Thank you, that's great.

I got a call and it's all sorted now!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm glad to hear that Phil!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet