Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to enter new DD instruction

FIXED
turnbull44
Hooked

Unable to enter new DD instruction

Following the recent death of my father we have recently switched the account from his name to my mothers name.  This change was completed easily by plusnet.  I have also been added as an authorised account contact.

However we are unable to enter new bank details for the Direct Debit. The original DD for October failed due to my Dads bank account being closed at the time the DD was due.  The outstanding amount has since been paid via my Mums debit card.

We are now trying to update the bank details so the DD is taken from my Mums bank account. Logging in to Plusnet "My Account" takes us to the failed billing page (https://www.plus.net/failed_billing.php).  Clicking the orange button to "Arrange Payment" takes us to https://www.plus.net/tpar_error.html The error on screen is:

"Sorry, there has been a technical fault that has meant we have been unable to process your payment.
This problem has automatically been passed to our internal systems admin team. We will contact you as soon as possible with details on how to make this payment."

If I click Bills and Payments, the option to "Change Payment Method" is greyed out, and the tool tip says:

"Your Payment Details may only be changed once every 24 hours. Please wait and try again."   

I have waited the required 24 hours, but still the problem exists.

Could a customer service rep please look into this and either 'unlock' the account so I can enter DD details online, or contact me to arrange for these details to be taken.

8 REPLIES 8
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Unable to enter new DD instruction

Hi @turnbull44,

I am really sorry to hear of the passing of you father, please accept my condolences.

It can take up to 72 hours to clear our side, I would suggest using this https://portal.plus.net/apps/paymentdetails/manage once the time has passed. If the issue still persists please let us know so we can look further into it for you.

turnbull44
Hooked

Thank-you.   I shall try again on Friday.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

No worries @turnbull44, let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance.

turnbull44
Hooked

New DD details have been entered (via Bills and Payments) - DD is currently pending activation; I still see the Failed Billing page on "My Account".  I shall keep checking the DD status, and once it is fully active I shall re-check My Account to see that Failed Billing has been removed.  Thanks for the help so far.

turnbull44
Hooked

Just to add, I can now see an Active DD instruction, however I am also still seeing "Failed Billing" when I try to manage the account online. Can this be sorted? I want to update the communications preferences, but the failed billing page stops me getting to the comms page.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi @turnbull44

I think I've sorted that for you now.

Please let me know if you're still seeing the failed billing page in the account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
turnbull44
Hooked

Great, all sorted. Thanks @Gandalf

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Happy to hear that.

Let us know if you need any further assistance at all.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet