cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to contact customer services

Easterross

Unable to contact customer services

I have sat for many hours, since April and right up until November, trying to cancel my BTSport and anytime calls, all unsuccessful. Consequently I have paid Plusnet around £200 more than I needed to for services I did not use (I only watch rugby). In this pandemic I have been able to contact ALL other companies so there is NO excuse for this. I finally lost my temper when Plusnet would not connect me to the new fibre BB in our village and I switched to one who would. This took time to arrange with BT but at least I didn’t have to contact Plusnet for switch so I left it as long as I dare, without risking being without phone and BB for days or weeks, and 5 weeks later we got connected. Unlike other utilities you don’t get 42 days to switch without penalty so in spite of there being only 20 days left to the Plusnet contract (and having been with Plusnet for 15 years) they charged me exit fees.
You can sign up for Plusnet or add features easily online but you CANNOT remove them without phoning them and they just DON’T answer! There is no live chat or email contact and finding an address to write to is difficult and not necessarily gets to customer services. It’s completely unacceptable and anti-competition (which is what they intend) and I simply cannot understand their customer service ratings - I can only assume that these are customers who’ve never had any difficulties! Well, cheap isn’t necessarily best and, against my initial scepticism and previous experiences, BT have been brilliant. The maddening thing to me is that BT, Plusnet, EE and even the John Lewis BB are ALL owned by BT so why can’t Plusnet arrange for Openreach to connect us? They don’t want to pay and they want to continue with the skeleton staff that the cover of the pandemic has given them - THAT’S why they are cheaper than BT/EE
2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Unable to contact customer services

Their customer service has been sad for many years and pre the pandemic, so the Customer Service awards they advertise are not measured properly.
Write in to their HO, and get a Proof of Posting from the post office:
The Balance, 2 Pinfold St, Sheffield, S1 2GU
Easterross

Re: Unable to contact customer services

Thanks Gel, will do!!