cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change payment details

FIXED
addoscfc

Unable to change payment details

I've just recently joined and have received an email to advise that my DD instructions have failed.

I've logged in to update my information as suggested but the update payment method does not seem to be working.
Any help much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Unable to change payment details

Fix

Thanks for your post @addoscfc and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you aren't able to update your payment details. It looks like the notification we've sent was a little too soon, because your direct debit's still at the "pending activation" status in our billing system.

I've checked with a colleague from our billing team and it should change tomorrow and allow you to update your details then

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
addoscfc

Thanks, yes it did initially fix this problem, but after correcting the dd information for payments, I've since received another email, which again states that my direct debit has been declined.
But I know that the details I gave are correct this time.
Would it be possible to change payment method to debit card in the interim so that I still get my installation?Huh
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @addoscfc

I'm sorry to see it looks like your direct debit's declined again.

It's still showing as pending activation in our billing system although I can't confirm the exact status as the people I know in our billing team aren't around. I'd recommend allowing a week or so for the direct debit to fail (or activate, if the latest notification you've received is on the back of the first direct debit failure). Sorry for the confusion. Sad

The installation will still go ahead regardless though as you'd have paid an initial fee. Technically you don't actually need active payment details for a broadband account, but it's very useful to pay automatically without hassle. As long as there's payment details by the time we generate your next bill, all should be good. 

Your next bill's normally generated a month after your order completes as your initial payment forms your first month.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet