cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change direct debit details - Button Greyed Out

cydv0

Unable to change direct debit details - Button Greyed Out

Hi all,

Sorry to bother however I have just joined Plusnet and I'm waiting for my broadband to be installed however I have received a message today stating that the direct debit was unable to be created due to the details being incorrect.

I have checked and confirmed I have messed up a few of the digits however when I go into the account the "Change Payment" option button is greyed out.

Is there another way for me to change the card details on the account as I don't want to receive a penalty for a non-payment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Unable to change direct debit details - Button Greyed Out

@cydv0  Welcome to the forum.
This is a bit confusing. You say you have incorrectly entered Direct Debit details but say that you are trying to change card details. Direct Debits need your Bank Account details, not Credit/Debit card details.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Unable to change direct debit details - Button Greyed Out

There’s no penalty for not having stored payment details as long as you pay a bill within 14 days of one being produced. Reading other posts around here on this subject, there seems to be a bit of a lag between the notifications and the backend billing system. It’s possible the direct debit hasn’t completely failed yet. Try waiting around a week and see if the button works