cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate Purecard 'cashback' reward card - verification code email delayed

Grandad101

Unable to activate Purecard 'cashback' reward card - verification code email delayed

Hi,   I'm having trouble activating my 'cashback' card,  which arrived through the post a few days ago.

The plusnet.purecard.com website,  during the activation process,  attempts to send me an email with a verification code, which is prompted for on the website.   This email is supposed to be sent instantly,  but takes several hours to arrive,  and the verification code within is only valid for 10 minutes!!!!! (basically it has already expired when it arrives in my inbox).

I've tried calling Purecard support,  but they do not help.  They say they have a dedicated support line for Plusnet customers,  but when transferred the call is cut off after about 10 minutes waiting, or redirected back to the start of their automated menu system.

To be honest Plusnet,  your chosen provider Purecard is a PR disaster for you!  I'm assuming it is not your intention to make it impossible for people to claim their promised 'cashback',   so this must be down to the incompetence of your partner Purecard.

And what kind of company would choose to partner incompetents?!

3 REPLIES 3
Overscore
Rising Star

Re: Unable to activate Purecard 'cashback' reward card - verification code email delayed

Hello,

Are you receiving the emails on a PC or a mobile phone I wonder? Sometimes the email will arrive when you are away from the PC, but if you use a mobile you might set it to vibrate or make a loud ring when an email is received and that would alert you in time, especially if you keep it in your pocket.

Hope that helps.

Grandad101

Re: Unable to activate Purecard 'cashback' reward card - verification code email delayed

Hi Overscore,  thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately the way this authentication works,  the email needs to be sent immediately,   because you need to enter the code back on the website in the same session.

Any delay in the email (and code therein) means the code will be invalid because the web session has timed out.

All a bit technical,  the short answer is,  there was a glitch in the matrix and Purecard do not have a decent system in place to deal with customers when such issues occur.

Very poor show.

Grandad101

Update in case anyone is experiencing a similar issue...

I waited another day and tried the card registration process again from scratch.  This time the 'issue' had been resolved, an email arrived immediately and I was able to register my card.   All now appears to be ok,  although I haven't yet tried to use the card.

Basically there was an issue somewhere in Purecard's system,  and their customer services are so poor that they could not convey this to people experiencing issues.

Make of that what you will.