Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultrafast internet not on offer, thinking of leaving

haider87
Dabbler

Ultrafast internet not on offer, thinking of leaving

Hello,

I must say we absolutely love Plusnet, we have been here for years and the service has been great. We checked on Openreach and it appears we are now able to get FTTP instead of FTTC. BT is offering up to 330Mbit and we would like to get faster speed but we are in contract with Plusnet and we have 9 months remaining.

A couple of questions:

1- Will Plusnet offer ultrafast internet anytime soon, we really don't want to leave

2- Assuming the answer for question 1 is no, can you advice how much it would cost for us to cancel our account Sad 

2 REPLIES 2
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Ultrafast internet not on offer, thinking of leaving

Hi @haider87, thanks for your post.

At the moment, we don't have any updates on when FTTP may be available.

As I'm not able to post billing information to the forum, I've sent out a ticket addressing cancellation fees which is accessible here.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch, should you need any further information.

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Re: Ultrafast internet not on offer, thinking of leaving

same here, we may be switching elsewhere to a company offering "full fibre" on a 38/76 service using FTTP, not just what the copper line can provide.

These companies are starting to pop up now with "full fibre" available at 38, 76, 150, 300.

Shame as we rely on the Plusnet static ip and BT call blocker service, didn't really want to move but for just a few £££ more I can get the speed everyone else gets.