cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT] Someone cancelled my contract!

FIXED
dawidn
Dabbler

Re: [URGENT] Someone cancelled my contract!

Thank you for update. The last time I called to let them know they got my number on their system without my consent they weren't able to help because they don't deal with individuals / end customers... instead they only deal with partners, resellers and companies. Hopefully you will be able to get my landline back to Plusnet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem @dawidn thanks for trying.

I'll see what we can do from our side to get this resolved for you

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dawidn
Dabbler

I've heard they cancalled my transfer back to you again. If the provider refuses to transfer the line then it's a direct breach of Ofcom regulations. FYI: It appears the landline itself still works and I still have the same number so it does not actually affect the service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @dawidn 

I'm looking into this further with a manager of our provisioning team and I'll update you as soon as I know more.

It's good to see your broadband is unaffected and you're still able to make and receive calls from your number.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Who is this other provider?

If you have been slammed ( line taken without consent) then surely whatever comapny slammed you should be responsible for all the costs to both you and the slammed ISP/provider.

If you had line rental saver/any discounts etc then you should be put back, exactly where your were when your line was slammed, if you had 6 months left ( minimum term) on your original contract and decide to leave plusnet after 6 months from re-instatement then you shouldnt have to face an early termination fee

dawidn
Dabbler

I don't want to name a new provider on this public forum at this stage but it shouldn't make any difference because it seems like the new provider acts as a "middle man" only and nobody knows who the actual reseller of the new provider is.

Regardring costs I can confirm Plusnet refunded the early termination fee. I also want to remove my bank card from my Plusnet account so next time if such thing happens I will have a chance to not pay it automatically. Plusnet is still trying to take my landline back - once that happens I believe indeed I should be back to my original contract and costs.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

I'm hopeful that our 4th attempt to transfer the line back won't be cancelled again as a provider shouldn't be cancelling another provider's order more than 3 times without engaging Openreach themselves to investigate further.

You're back to your original contract and costs now, just sans the phone service and associated costs, but I'm happy to see what we can do to remove your card details tomorrow when our billing team are in. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dawidn
Dabbler

Just want to share a good news - finally it's done. Thank you Anoush for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for posting back Dawid. When at first you don't succeed, try, try, try and try again. 

Seriously though I do sincerely apologise for what had happened and all the hassle this had caused.

Hopefully all will be well going forward, feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance though.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Knowing who your new provider was & how they got your details would help other PN members who might end up in the same situation.

We need to name & shame fims that do this sort of thing & it was me they'd have been all over social media like a rash.

dawidn
Dabbler

Apparently the new provider didn't have any of my details except the phone number appearing on their systems. It was some third party reseller who was using the provider under the hood. It wouldn't be entirely accurate to blame them since they don't even provide services to individual end users and from their perspective everything looked fine. Unfortunately I don't know who the reseller of that provider was.

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Who/what was the third party re-seller?