cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two months left on contract. What happens next? Discounts on renewals?

Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Two months left on contract. What happens next? Discounts on renewals?

Hi,
I have two months left on my 18 months FTC contract.
Am I expecting to hear from Plusnet about a renewal. Are they likely to give me 6 months half price as per the original contract? What kind of discounts are expected?
I would be happy to stay with Plusnet. The installation and initial billing was a bit of a mess, but the connection has been fine and stable for 16 months. However, £21 a month (excluding telephone line) is a bit pricey.
Thanks,
Seb
3 REPLIES 3
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Two months left on contract. What happens next? Discounts on renewals?

You won't hear from them, your contract converts to a rolling monthly one on the same terms you are on now.
In keeping with other providers (rather than bucking the trend) you need to call them and negotiate a discount and associated contract terms.  You need to speak to the curiously named 'Customer Options Team'
As you'll gather, I'm disappointed by this approach but it's prevalent in ISP industry (and others eg insurance).  Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Why would one be disappointed that things happen as per the agreement entered into?
Its as simple as ABC - introductory offer at £A per month for B months and £C per month thereafter. Simples!  One is then free to move at any time, free to stay or indeed pick up the phone and seek to strike a new deal / contract / commitment to stay.
Lower prices come with commitments to stay, however people seem happy with the lower prices, but resent the commitment to stay.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pyarwood
Dabbler

18 months is a long time in broadband but if a company is competitive and looks after its customers it shouldnt need to tie
people in to long term comtracts that have not cost them any set up fees.
and me signing up for 18 months for  a £5 discount may seem stupid six months down the line when competitors are offering much better deals
dick:quote