cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to pay bill, help?

jordane123
Dabbler

Trying to pay bill, help?

Hey guys so I received an email from Plusnet that my direct debit failed for some reason, okay no problem, so I phoned up to pay it only to be told that you guys no longer accept payments over the phone, again no problem except for the fact that I can't access your payment site, I spoke to the web chat support yesterday who said that the problem was to do with the change of billing system and the new system not acknowledging that I owe money and so not letting me pay, he advised that I try again today, which I did to no avail.

I'm at my wit's end here, I really can't afford to have my internet cut off but I can find no way to give you my money. I thought I'd post here as the forum support have been much better at resolving a previous issue.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Trying to pay bill, help?

PlusNET are indeed trying to not take payments over the phone and encourage people to pay on line, but they do take payments over the phone ... you might just have to push them a bit.

The support options are very busy at the moment dealing with various billing oddities ... of which your issue might be an example.  Do you know when the DD was submitted?  Do you know of any reason why it might fail ( don’t explain - just yes / no).  That might give a clue as to if the processing for the DD occurred before or after the billing change.  If after have you checked with your bank to confirm if the DD was infact received ... and not paid?

The processing journey for a DD is complex ... there could be a number of reasons why you received that email.

Not sure what to advise here ... sit tight with this post and hope that a staffer picks it up ... or phone the general number and try one of the other options.  Both sales and “I’m thinking of leaving” have the means of taking payments to conduct new business ... but that is not the same as an existing user paying a normal bill! Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jordane123
Dabbler

So, last night I got another email telling me payment was overdue, this time it allowed me to actually pay it, happy days.

This morning however I wake up to another email saying that the amount hasn't paid and threatening to deactivate my account, sure enough when loading up the Plusnet website it says that the amount hasn't been paid, my bank statement disagrees and I'm not willing to pay this bill twice, any ideas?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Thanks for getting back to us over here, and I'm sorry for the troubles you've been having when trying to pay your bill to us.

I think I've sorted this for you now and I've provided more information over Here.

If you have any further queries or concerns please let me know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet