cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to move homebut told I must cancel my contract and pay penalties even though I wish to stay

pferpat

Trying to move homebut told I must cancel my contract and pay penalties even though I wish to stay

So phoned PN today to advise them I have sold my home and will move out of house in 10 days. Thing is my new home purchase has been delayed so not moving to that home for another 4 weeks. Not exchanged contracts on new house yet. Customer services tell me if I cant give them new house details and date of new home move that Plusnet will cancel my contract but I will have to pay £180 early cancelation fees !!

I don't want to cancel my contract. I was a happy customer. I'm happy to continue paying my monthly line rental but appoarently they cant accept a fee for not providing me a service. They can still charge me £180 for cancelling my contract when its not me that wants my contract cancelled but not accept £35.00 for not providing me a phone line for 4 weeks.

I'll be voicing my opinion of Plusnet all over social media in the next few days just to make sure Iget the best use I can of my internet while its still on.

WE'LL DO YOU PROUD !!  [-Censored-] WE'LL SCREW YOU IF WE GET THE CHANCE more like.

Moderators Note: Avoidance of swear filter removed

5 REPLIES 5
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Trying to move homebut told I must cancel my contract and pay penalties even though I wish to st

Plusnet have done precisely what you want in the past - I had a nearly 3 month gap (due to a legal hitch with a house purchase), and the contract just continued (and then started a new contract when I did move into the new house). Of course that was just over 5 years ago, and they have implemented a new improved billing system since then.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Trying to move homebut told I must cancel my contract and pay penalties even though I wish to...

Hi @pferpat, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry for the issues you have had with your account. In order for us to be able to set up a House Move on the account, we do need to know the address you're moving to. If you know the address then a House Move can be set up, however we can only delay an activation date for a maximum of 90 days.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
pferpat

Re: Trying to move homebut told I must cancel my contract and pay penalties even though I wish to...

Hi. Thanks for replying.

I would be completly happy with that arrangement without any arguments from me at all. Thing is the customer srevice girl I spoke to did not make any mention of this at all. She just kept insisting that if I couldnt give her the address AND the date of the move then PN would have no choice but to terminate my contract Huh

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Sadly some times one has to work around the edges of things - like for example give your best guess of a date (which might be flexed) - but having an address is essential!

Bending the light is not in the skill set of all front line agents! Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @pferpat we will pass this feedback across on the relevant team.

I do apologise for the information you had received from the staff member during your conversation on the phone.

Please rest assured the information my colleague @abails0105 is accurate. Hope this information has helped.

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.