Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to move from John Lewis to Plusnet & failing

FIXED
Phil_Cleary
Grafter

Trying to move from John Lewis to Plusnet & failing

Hi,

I'm trying to move from JL back to Plusnet as there was a very good offer: £70 Quidco cashback for a 12 month LRS £197.88.

I signed up online, paid £197.88 and chose a migration date for the day after my 12 months with JL ends. The router arrived & my email account has been set up.

But I've now had messages saying there is a problem with the account that was set up and I need to call Sales and set up a different new account. I don't want to do that because that breaches the terms of the Quidco cashback. I'd do it if  Sales could assure me I'd still get my cashback, but they have told me they don't give quidco cashback. 

All I want is what I have already signed up for. It strikes me that the issue is a 'back office' problem, not a sales problem. There's something stopping a new account being set up on my number - most likely the existing JL account. If that's the case, Sales would hit the same problem I had. Ticket Nos are 185263126 on Plusnet & 185114711 on JL

How do I escalate this? I've been a loyal Plusnet\John Lewis customer for longer than I can remember, and don't really want to leave, though EE have some pretty good offers.

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Trying to move from John Lewis to Plusnet & failing

Fix

Hi there.

Apologies for the experience you're having moving back to us (and welcome back).

Unfortunately your account hasn't been setup correctly by our system, which means that we can't provision the service either manually or automatically. This problem isn't related to your account with John Lewis.

To resolve in the quickest and easiest way, we do need to create a new account, but I'd be happy to honour the cashback offer by sending you a cheque of the same value once your services go live with us.

I'd also be happy to call you back (and I tried just now, but it looks like you weren't available) to set it up making sure that the money you've paid is transferred across by opening the new account essentially free of charge.

As you've made a new Plusnet email address using the account you've created, I'll downgrade that to Mail Only at no cost, so you won't need to scrap that address and create a new one.

If you'd like to go ahead could you let me know when's a good time for a call? I'm here until 10pm tonight.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Phil_Cleary
Grafter

Hello again Anoush!

You helped me out 2 years ago with my email when I was moving the other way - glad to see you're keeping up the good work!!

I was on my mobile when you rang - any time this evening is good for me.

Phil

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey Phil.

You helped me out 2 years ago with my email when I was moving the other way

Long time no see! I remember now, well after finding this thread to jog my memory.

I was on my mobile when you rang - any time this evening is good for me.

No worries, i'll ring now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks again for your time on the phone Phil.

You've likely received a flurry of emails following our conversation.

Let me know if you have any questions etc.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Phil_Cleary
Grafter

Hi Anoush,

just a few!

Many thanks for sorting it all out so quickly

Phil

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Phil. 

Always happy to help out.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Phil_Cleary
Grafter

Hi Anoush,

The billing system has gone crazy!

I signed up for 12 months free broadband and 12 months line rental saver, and paid £197.88 for the line rental saver.

I shouldn't be getting a bill until January 2020 apart from any call charges (there aren't any as I only call plusnet numbers or use 18185).

This was all confirmed in ticket ID 185550887

I've just been notified of a bill for 3 months line rental minus 1 month credited, plus 3 months broadband minus 1 month credited, total £59.96

I think what is happening is that only 1 month got credited rather than 12 months.

Can you sort this out please?

Meantime I've cancelled the DD to stop the payment being taken in error. 

Phil

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear what's happened.

I'm looking into this further and I'll update your account shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Phil_Cleary
Grafter

All now sorted.

Many thanks to Matthew, Paul & Gillian.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Glad to hear it's all now been sorted.

Let us know if you need anything else.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team