Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to migrate away but have a problem

brummies
Dabbler

Trying to migrate away but have a problem

Hi,
I've been trying to migrate away to BT Infinity 1 (Quidco + Sainsburys voucher + £10 a month is decent) but I can't seem to migrate as my BT Sport is registered with Plusnet.
Now I was told by one of your agents that it will take 24-48 hours for it be removed yesterday, today I went to follow up that this was indeed the case via twitter. I was told that this won't take place until my next billing date which again is something completely different to what I was told originally.
I've checked my account and one of my service notice ticket says it has been removed, I tried again to sign up to BT and get the same error which is exactly this :
We're Sorry...
Your viewing card already has BT Sport on it. If you have registered for BT Sport with another provider, including Plusnet, and want to move to BT then you will need to cancel your existing subscription before moving to us.

Problem is the free HD and Sainsburys £125 voucher offer expires on Thursday.
How do I go about this now? I was thinking of maybe signing up to Infinity without BT Sport but the problem is if I were to add that next month I would miss out on the free HD 12 month offer.
Pretty frustrating to be honest.
4 REPLIES 4
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Trying to migrate away but have a problem

Hi, I am sorry to hear that your were given the wrong information about the cancellation of your BT Sports package. I can see from looking on the account that the cancellation is in progress and will end on your next billing date. The BT Sport component of your account has been removed in preparation for the cancellation on the billing date.
brummies
Dabbler

Hmm so what are my options? As I can't seem to sign up to BT because of this.
Looks increasingly like I will miss out on the £125 Sainsburys voucher and free HD offer right?

brummies
Dabbler

Ok just to confirm I have started the migration process I took the app/online rather than BT Sport on Sky. I have had a £56.78 fee email from Plusnet. Can you please confirm that this will be manually removed and that I won't be charged anything?
I've seen a few topics in this forum of similar which state this is normal procedure and that I won't get charged as the charge will be manually removed? Can this be confirmed please?
As per this -> http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141657.msg1251218.html#msg1251218
It should be straight forward as you should've received notification from BT (which you have done as the email says so)
Cheers.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Don't worry about any early termination fees.
I've double checked your account and can confirm these won't be charged  Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet