cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to close account but failing

middlemews3

Trying to close account but failing

In January 2019, I raised a ticket to try and close a Broadband account as I transferred to another company. Since then I found that my account was NOT closed and direct debits keep being taken from my bank. So I raised several tickets to close the account without success. So I ended my Direct Debits, but keep getting demands for payment. Here are the tickets:

#195748904 Saturday 2 Nov 2019
[Support Wizard Journey]
[I have a question about my bill]
[Getting started with Plus net]
[Question about your bill?]
[I have a question about my bill]
[Additional Information]
Ref. P NET 3072254-1
I switched to another provider since December 2018, but you have still been taking money from my account monthly for £28.20. Please reimburse me the 10 months charges you've taken. Regards

#196145498 - Thursday 14 Nov 2019
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Ask a Question about another aspect of your Account]
[Customer Services]
[I’m thinking of leaving]
[Ask a Question about another aspect of your Account]
[Additional Information]
I've been trying to close this account since January 2019. Please Close the account. Please escalate to someone who can close the account!

#196145991 - Thursday 14 Nov 2019
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Other]
[Customer Services]
[Other]
[Additional Information]
My broadband and phone supplier changed in January 2019. I've been trying to cancel my Plus net account since then. This email is one of many I have sent to try and close the account. Please CLOSE the account! Or forward the email to the account closures department
. Otherwise I'll have to contact a senior manager to complaint.

It is very frustrating as there seems no way of closing the account and I've been unknowingly paying direct debits for a service I was no longer using and still getting demands to pay.

Can anyone please help me close my account and get £280 back that has been taken from my bank.

4 REPLIES 4
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Trying to close account but failing

Hi @middlemews3,

I've reviewed your account today and raised a response via a ticket I've opened, which can be viewed here. Please let us know once you've had the chance to respond to the ticket and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
middlemews3

@ themightyAJ Thanks for that.

Plusnet keeps demanding payment from me and have threatened me with getting a debt collection agency to get money off me for a service they have not supplied to me for over ten months. I have sent a complaint to Ofcom who suggested the ombudsman-services or Communication & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS). Would you know which organisation oversees Plusnet? Thanks.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @middlemews3

It would be Ombudsman services who investigate complaints raised to Plusnet once we have been unable to resolve the complaint and provided you a deadlock letter. You are issues with an automated deadlock after 8 weeks. This is called ADR. 

Kind Regards

middlemews3

Thanks @OllieC

Hopefully the Debt collectors they are threatening me with don't get activated. Why are they so trigger happy instead of investigating my complaint first?

I've paid Plusnet £280 over the last 10 months (direct debit) for not using their broadband as I've had a new supplier for that time. Surely they can check that the internet connection to my premises is through a different company?

See what happens.