cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel

Furious

Trying to cancel

I tried to cancel online in October but Plusnet make you call them. Always a q of an hour. Except at 0900 last Saturday.

Got through, was told my account would be cancelled in 14 days and I'd get an email with confirmation. Here we are on Thursday afternoon, 6 days later. Nothing from Plusnet. But on my account it says the agent couldn't cancel on Saturday due to a system problem. He asked someone else to do it. Noone did anything.

I called today, was told there was no reason not to cancel. Agent said she'd speak with supervisor. Then cut me off. Then got an email saying it was no passed to Customer Options. Please call or chat with customer services if we can help!

I tried chatting. They put me thru to Tech Support who could not help.

Then an agent who said it was with Customer Options and they'd be in touch. When ? No idea. What's the problem? No idea.

So still not cancelled, no idea why no not, no idea when it will be. 

Plusnet are really doing me - just no proud.

4 REPLIES 4
Furious

Moving house - trying to cancel

I am moving out of my house and will not be moving to a new one for some time as I'm going travelling. So I need to cancel my long time account.

I called Plusnet 0800 587 1952, waited over 20 minutes and then got a very unfriendly/obnoxious guy who then transferred me to "someone who could help". Turned out to be Tech support! Who couldn't help but would give me a direct number for cancellations. But they said not to bother calling as the wait would be about 1 hour.

What does it take to get this cancellation done?

And why can't I do it online?

Of course this pleasant experience with Plusnet today will make me choose them in future.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Moving house - trying to cancel

Hi @Furious, sorry to hear you feel this way.

The Cancellations team are in charge of account cancellations. To discuss these aspects of your account, you can contact them as per the following contact information below:

Telephone number:
0800 013 2632

Opening Times:
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

I am sorry that my colleagues could not help you earlier today. Please click here to view the reason they could not help.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Trying to cancel

Thanks for your post @Furious.

As this matter, concerns account sensitive information I'm afraid I can't go into detail on our community forums but I've updated the open ticket on your account regarding this which you can view by going here.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Trying to cancel

Moderator's note(s):

Threads Merged.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still