cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying for months to renew my contract via the special offer link in member centre.

Deembe
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Trying for months to renew my contract via the special offer link in member centre.

Tried Edge and clearing history and cookies but still the same for me.

sapo
Hooked

Re: Trying for months to renew my contract via the special offer link in member centre.

@libmug Have you been able to make any progress with your renewal? I hope you're getting the answers that you're after.

sapo
Hooked

@TWA Thanks for your comment. I've been with Plusnet for quite a while now and this is my first really poor experience. I'm deciding whether to persevere with them or look for another provider.  

sapo
Hooked

@Longliner Thanks a lot for that alternative phone number. I'll give it a try. Sorry to hear that you've been offered a worse deal than before. Like you I've always got on well with the PN staff but it's proving difficult to talk with a human. Joe the bot isn't much use. I was interested in the good experience of your neighbours with the other provider. I may have to join you in looking for another option.  

TWA
Dabbler

Hi Sapo, I managed to get though to a really nice guy called Lee who was very helpful indeed. So I managed to get my contract renewed with a decent discount. I hope you don't have to wait too long on the phone.

I did mention to him that the website appears to send many people round in circles when trying to renew your contract so I'm hopeful he'll have this raised with the appropriate team.

All the best

sapo
Hooked

Hello@TWA , I'm glad you managed to get through and sort things out. Thanks for letting me know. That encourages me to give it another go and hopefully I will get a result. All the best to you.

TWA
Dabbler

@sapo Hope you get on OK. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

sapo
Hooked

Hello @TWA, Just to let you know that after being unable to get through to talk to anyone on any of the numbers yesterday, this morning I thought I'd give the link on the original e-mail another try and for some reason, thank God, it worked. I was able to renew. Cheers.  

TWA
Dabbler

@sapo. That’s great news. It sounds like they’ve finally fixed the website issue.

Hope you got a decent deal. Have a great weekend.
Togman
Dabbler

Tried everything. Still not working and still going round in circles. Plusnet are clearly not interested in either customer service or loyalty. Now looking to leave them after many many years. Quite frankly, I'm disgusted with the whole thing ranging from their complete lack of interest in customer's problems, not being able to contact them by any method, and their inability to ensure a working website and member area. The only thing they seem to be faultless at is taking money every month and informing us that their prices are going up. I'm done with them. 

TWA
Dabbler

@Togman I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Wishing you all the best with whoever you chose as your next ISP.

libmug

Update: I received an email from Plusnet Support, saying they'd opened a question on this & inviting me to try again renewing my Line Rental Saver contract. Just tried that, it worked and was able to make a payment. Obviously, they're aware of the problem(s) and are fixing things.

Deembe
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Still not working for me from, either the email offer ot the account offer but I'm not sure I'm bothered now as I've looked at the market and considering calling time at 8 years. It's only inertia and poor timing for making the leap that kept me from pressing go  last week!