cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying for months to renew my contract via the special offer link in member centre.

Togman
Dabbler

Trying for months to renew my contract via the special offer link in member centre.

I've been vainly trying to renew my contract via the *special offer* link on the member centre homepage, but it just keeps sending me round in constant circles and telling me to sign in to the member centre, even though I am already signed in. It is impossible to progress beyond this permanent loop. 

27 REPLIES 27
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Trying for months to renew my contract via the special offer link in member centre.

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to Accounts / Billing.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ogower
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Trying for months to renew my contract via the special offer link in member centre.

same here - the link doesnt work.  Helpful actually as I am having recurrent problems, so now undecided as to whether I stay. I suspect they will ask you to call, but that same as me, you dont want to spend an hour on hold.

Togman
Dabbler

Not really sure I want to stay with Plusnet if they can't even manage to fix long standing problems on their own site to be honest. 

TWA
Dabbler

Strat, Have you taken ownership of this issue and internally escalated this to your web support team? Plusnet will loose customers if this does not get resolved. After all they are trying to show some loyalty by looking to renew their contracts.

libmug

I'd like to "Me too" this. I've been trying to find a way either to pay my Line Rental Saver contract or to switch to combined broadband & line rental, but nothing on the website works as expected, and I'm getting sick of being sent round in circles.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Site not working properly for me too, unless I use MS Edge instead of Firefox 78.0.2

Could this be your problem?

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@TWA 

Strat is a site Moderator, he is a customer like you and I. He has no access to systems or accounts therefore sadly he will not be able to take ownership of your problem, that will need to be a member of staff. I hope that someone from Plusnet will be along soon to resolve the issue for all of you.

Togman
Dabbler

Just this minute tried using MS Edge, but still not working. I've tried 4 browsers and it refuses to work on all of them. It seems pretty apparent that PlusNet are simply not interested in their customers. I also received an email from them today informing me that my package price will be increasing, and including a link to renew my contract at a reduced price to avoid the autumn price increase. Following the link just directs me to the same place, and the endless circle of frustration. Time to leave methinks. 

sapo
Hooked

I'm also trying to renew my contract. Yesterday the link from the e-mail they sent me opened a page with the offer shown in the e-mail. Today that link no longer works. When I sign in to my account and click on 'renew' I get a different offer... more expensive and no reward card. Have you tried calling the Retentions team on 0800-013-2632? I've been trying the number but haven't been able to get through. 

TWA
Dabbler

Thanks @agedgopher for the feedback and information.

That's a shame that it would seem that we may not have Plusnet employees actively looking at this issue.

The chat option is currently about as useful as a chocolate teapot and does not allow you to specifically raise this issue  as the bot algorithm is only useflu for very generic interactions.

Again, I appreciate the update.

TWA
Dabbler

@Togman I'm using Microsoft Edge Version 84.0.522.40 (Official build) (64-bit) and it's not working for me.

There is clearly something wrong with the HTML or whatever script that Plusnet have used and this has been going on for a while now.

It does seem to add insult to injury to loyal customers.

I agree with your sentiment that they don't seem interested in existing customers (I joined in 2005 and have been broadly happy with them up until now).

TWA
Dabbler

@Longliner I'm using Microsoft Edge Version 84.0.522.40 (Official build) (64-bit) and have also used Safari on my iPhone and iPad and these don't work either.

TWA
Dabbler

@sapo. This is poor for you. You get a more expensive offer after your previous attempt failed and now you can’t get though to the retentions team.

This would be hilarious if it wasn’t a tragic example of poor customer service.
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Too bad, Tog. My own contract renewal is due soon, so they have sent me a 'special offer' with a 15% price increase. I'll try the phone line but won't hold on all day, two other providers are offering better deals and from my neighbours I know that one of them has presented no billing problems in his eight years with them. I've always got on well with PN staff but when you can't contact them ...

@sapo Just noticed your phone number, my 'special offer' quotes 0800 5871744 not that it's more likely to be answered 🙄